Barkley Graphic Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barkley (Kansas City, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

I was absolutely thrilled when I received a call from Barkley. I did not apply, I was recommended by a former designer. A couple of calls were received from a creative director to discuss the job description and projects. After I accepted the interview, an HR rep contacted me to discuss interview dates/times/process. Overall the planning of the interview process was highly organized.

The 1st interview was very laid back. Felt very comfortable, and the interviewee was very relatable. He asked to keep my portfolio, which I was comfortable with. After a couple of days, received a call back from HR to schedule a 2nd interview with another upper management creative. I honestly was not prepared on what to say, but again felt very comfortable and relatable to this person. The questions were not what I expected, it really showed that they need people who are passionate about art and design from its roots. I don't feel that they are set on hiring creatives with experience, rather on their portfolio/work.

My perceptions of the people today are positive. I have not met a person I did not like that I work with. The only downside to the work environment is the noise and chatter. It can get extremely difficult to concentrate in my area.

Interview Questions

• What drives you in being a successful designer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was pleased with the offer of the salary based on my company experience.