Barnard College Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Admissions Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

After submitting my online application, I first had a skype interview, and then an in-person interview about a week later (though that was more going over of expectations right before getting the offer)

Hall Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone call with both an Associate Director and current Hall Director, and an on campus full day interview. Typical questions Residence Life would ask you; you don't have to be going into higher education.
    Student population here is definitely unique. All women's college, but difficult, not-so-jovial students. Was probably the most intimidating part of my interview. All of the students are very much thinkers.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the director after submitting an online application about scheduling a phone interview. During the phone interview, my qualifications were discussed as well as my work experience. A few days after the phone interview, I was contacted about an onsite interview. The onsite interview as the following week where I met with the director and another associate director. Again, my qualifications and work experience were discussed. I got the impression that the director really wanted someone with a project management skill set. Not just someone who had worked on projects or led tasks, but someone who created, planned, and implemented projects which was not one of the required or preferred qualifications listed in the job description. The next week I received an email thanking me for applying but that I was not selected for the next round of interviews. Overall, the experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Having been in corporate America, what do you think might been different working in education?   Answer Question

Pca Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the supervisor and her assistant after completing the online application. I had to call and choose a time slot. The interview took place in a small room within the office the space was intimate and a bit intimidating with the interviewers both sitting across from me. The interview consisted of many situational questions i.e. what would you do if..? howwould you handle..?

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I initially I had to submit an application. Once my application was chosen I met with one of the Associate Directors in the office in the Residential Life and Housing Office. The interview process was nice. I felt very welcomed and it was beneficially because it wasn't just asking about my experiences, but also they gave me a great insight into the type of work I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my administrative and confidentiality skills.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

There was one unscheduled phone interview where I was asked some general questions about configuring Linux which lasted about 30 minutes. There was one on-site interview which lasted two hours; for the first hour, I did a technical exam on a Linux laptop, for the second, I met with three current IT employees (a potential coworker in the same position I was interviewing for, his boss, and his boss's boss), and for the third hour, I met with the Director of User Services. A week later, I had a one-hour on-site interview with the VP for IT (boss's boss's boss).

Interview Questions

• Installing and configure an Apache HTTP Server to serve two name-based virtual hosts without using any online documentation.   1 Answer
    • Disable SELinux.   1 Answer
    • Create a directory in which every file a user creates has a specified group owner rather than a group owner of the primary GID of the creating user.   3 Answers

Negotiation

I was initially asked what my requirements are. My boss then gave me 10% less than that because 10% is automatically contributed towards retirement.