Barnes Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes Group Interview Questions

2.6

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes Group (Bristol, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

1 hour with Recruiting specialist and then over 1 hour with the Vice President of HR. First interview was more of a conversation about what the intern would do, and she only asked 1 or 2 interview questions. The second interview with the VP was basically just questions about my resume and why I chose to go to the schools I went to and a few real interview questions. Overall had a good experience and they liked my background but needed an intern that could stay longer than I was available.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 adjectives your friends a coworkers would use to describe you that are positive and 3 that are negative   Answer Question

Houseparent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnes Group (Itasca, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Prospective employees start with a phone interview. If that goes well, then they will be invited for a visit to one of the campuses where they will stay in a guest house and go through an interview with a management team. If you ask, they will pay a portion of your airfare and car rental expenses. You will then be given a conditional offer and submit to a background check.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions about possible/probable situations that will arise as a houseparent, and they listen for responses that fit the philosophy and beliefs of the organization.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barnes Group.

Interview

Initial conversation through headhunter referred me to Talent Acquisition Specialist who did an informal phone screen. This progressed into a personality assessment for the role and conversation with the hiring manager. Process went on for a number of weeks/months.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions, but nothing that was innovative or different from any other interview in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Job offer was made, no flexibility in salary or benefits.

Customer Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnes Group (Birmingham, AL) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter in the corporate office, followed by in-person interview with the hiring manager here in Birmingham. The in-person interview was informative and gave me an opportunity to get to know the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Identify a time when you faced an objection and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Barnes Group (Warwick, RI) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a very complete process with much paperwork. I was asked many questions about my work experience and sales experience in the field. I was told what the job entailed and what duties I would be doing during the course of the day.

Customer Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississippi State, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnes Group (Mississippi State, MS) in December 2011.

Interview

After submitting the online application, a recruiter employed by Barnes will call you to discuss the opportunity and your qualifications. The next step is to meet with the district manager in person and finally, the last step is a phone call with the regional vice president, but the last step is not mandatory

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when the customer was unhappy and what you did to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating for me, but there is a $500 car allowance/month... I would advise negotiating with them to increase this figure to $700

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes Group (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2009.

Interview

I responded to an ad on Career Builder by sending a resume. Within three business days Kristina Lieske (talent aquisition specialist) whome was located in Cleveland contacted me. We set up a phone interview for the following day at 9:00am. It took about 45 minutes and was rather easy. The next step was a ride along with a Sales/Service rep in the Southeastern Wi area. The ride along happened two days after the phone interview and required the first half of my day and a sick call in to the current employer. The rep I did the ride along with was a a very honest individual that was completely frustrated with his employer. He did not have much good to say about the company. I went ahead with the next step which was an hour long interview with the Market Place Manager the day following the ride along. This interview went well and was not too difficult either. The following business day Kristina called me and told me the interviewer liked me, but they needed for me to interview with the Regional VP. They wanted me to drive to Deerfield Il (1 hour and 15 minutes from Milwaukee) because he would not come to Milwaukee. He was not flexible at all. The interview had to be at noon in Deerfield on this particular day. I was now under suspicion with the current employer and driving to Deerfield in the middle of the day. This interview was short. Probably about 25 minutes and he then told me Kristina would be contacting me by the end of the day. Never heard anything from that day on. Left a couple of voice mails per person in the process as well as emails to Kristina who seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. I am sure that there behavior with the interview process is very representative of how they treat there own employees. The whole process did open my eyes to how fortunate I am with my current employer (a successful 40 person local business). I am no longer job hunting.

CSS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes Group (Champaign, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

Phone interview and online test to see if you have the apptitude to sell. Follow up with traveling with a rep to see what life is like on the road.

Negotiation

None

Chief Executive Officer Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Locks, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes Group (Windsor Locks, CT) in May 2009.

Interview

Very good until I met the CEO. Weird. Very odd laugh and not very personable.

Interview Questions

• Will you look under the bed in hotel rooms for dust bunnies?   1 Answer
    • Will you spy on employees for me? You know, track their whereabouts?   1 Answer

The man was creepy.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes Group.

Interview

Hiring Manager and Phone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Benchmarks for sales people