Barnes-Jewish Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.6

Registered Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Simple enough process, however, they do panel interviews with 3 or 4 people. All take turns asking you questions where you provide examples for answers based on previous experience. I had questions that I had not expected or ever had before.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time where you made a decision you regretted and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.

Interview

Phone interview then floor shadow and interview with manager. Interviews last about 30 mins. Will ask about willingness to work weekends and holidays. Personality quiz and drug test needed.

Registrar Interview

Interview

Plan for parking, and get there early to prepare for the interview. It's a very large facility, if it's your first time being in the place.
    Research the company.
    Be on time.

RN Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview. Face to Face interview. Shadowing.The person I shadowed with said I would be an asset to the team. I thought it was a real possibility I would be offered a position. They are consistently seeking people for this position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you expect to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

HR interviewed me shortly on the phone and scheduled me an interview and shadow for the next week. The overall experience was easy and it was a regular interview. They got back to me about the offer in less than 24 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Student Nurse Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty relaxed. I was able to shadow the unit for a couple hours and then I interviewed with the Assistant Nurse Manager. It was maybe 5-6 questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided exceptional care to a patient   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

HR was quick in returning the call after applying online. Very simple, basic questions. Short and to the point. Interviewed with the manager, she was very nice, very understanding; explained what was expected of me right away; interview was followed by shadowing on the floor.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.

Interview

You shadow a nurse, then you interview with the unit manager, and lastly, you interview with someone at the HR. Pretty backwards but that is how they do it.

Interview Questions

• Something like: Tell me a time when you were in a "x" situation and how was it resolve.   Answer Question

Social Work Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

This is an interview for practicum students. The interview is easy. My two supervisors interviewed me and they asked some normal and easy questions. The important thing is that you need to make the interview as a conversation and let your employer know your passion and strengths.

Interview Questions

• what do you want to learn from the internship, what is your previous experiences, do you like documentation because we need to do a lot of documentations, what are your weakness and strengths   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview and then an in-person interview with the hiring manager, the director over the manager, the medical director and then three staff members. The phone interview was a 10 minute call arranged ahead of time. Standard HR interview questions from someone who knew really nothing about the position. The in-person interview wasn't much better. A director that was full of himself. A manager that didn't know how to interview. A physician who already knew who he wanted. Three staff members just happy to get away from their chores for a while.