Barnes-Jewish Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I was initially called by HR, which asked me why I was interested in the position. I then received another call shortly after from HR asking if I'd be interested in interviewing. The interview is set into 3 parts: The day of the interview, I shadowed a social worker in their position first for an hour, then interviewed with a group panel of current social workers at the hospital. Afterwards, I then had a final interview with my direct supervisor and the director of Social Work.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What skills and strengths can you bring to this position? We see you have ___ experience, how would you translate this into this position. What might be some positives and negatives about this?   Answer Question

Patient Care Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in September 2012.

Interview

Pretty simple. Applied online, HR phone call, interview with hiring manager, group inteview.
     Applied online then HR contacted me by phone two weeks later asking if I was still interestered. Scheduled an in person interview for a few days later. First interview was with hiring manager (nursing manager of the unit). This interview was super laid back, we talked casually for a few minutes then she asked me about my self and then asked for an example of why I decided to work in health care. She then showed me around the unit and met potential coworkers. Hiring manager explained that they were conducting a few more interviews and she would contact me and let me know about the next phase of the process which is a group interview. 4 days later I was contacted for the group interview. Again, group very friendly and asked scripted behavior based questions and wrote down what I said. Manager said they would be in contact if they wished to proceed. Week later HR called with offer. Then didnt hear from them for 2 weeks. Had to call twice in order to schedule background and drug screen and new employee cultural orientation.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you encountered an unexpected obstacle outwork, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Social Work Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

This is an interview for practicum students. The interview is easy. My two supervisors interviewed me and they asked some normal and easy questions. The important thing is that you need to make the interview as a conversation and let your employer know your passion and strengths.

Interview Questions

• what do you want to learn from the internship, what is your previous experiences, do you like documentation because we need to do a lot of documentations, what are your weakness and strengths   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to conduct a preliminary phone interview. I was shortly called within a couple days to come in for a day long interview process. It consisted of shadowing a social worker, interviewing with a panel of current social work employees, and finally interviewing with the social work supervisor and manager.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in November 2014.

Interview

Received a call from HR day after I applied to set up first interview. First interview was 2 days later. Received a call the same day after interviewing with HR to set up interview with floor manager. Interview with floor manager was 3 days later. I received an offer 3 days after my second interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. The interview was almost too easy. So easy I thought there was no way I would receive an offer due to lack of interest from floor manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Barnes has a pay grid they stick to.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

HR sets up a phone I interview followed by face to face with Nurse Manager. The process took about 1-2 weeks. It does help if you are referred by someone from the inside.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is very little room for negotiation. There is a strict grid that they stick to.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

helped to know somebody.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.

Interview

You shadow a nurse, then you interview with the unit manager, and lastly, you interview with someone at the HR. Pretty backwards but that is how they do it.

Interview Questions

• Something like: Tell me a time when you were in a "x" situation and how was it resolve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online after speaking to nurse manager of department. Talent aquistion called and scheduled phone screening completed. I had interview with manager and charge nurses. When I came for interview, which I confirmed day prior, all had forgotten. They discussed the problems of the unit of which I felt I could assist with change. Offered position when I got home by recruiter. It was not the full time position I was told. They said I would make more but since I said yes, they never inquired to increase it. Started orientation 3 days later. Very rushed orientation and I feel it was just to get a warm, experienced body to work.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for furthering your education   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by an HR representative and then interviewed by floor manager, 2 Lead Charge Nurses. I received a phone call with a job offer as I was driving away in the car. This is not always the case though, as I interviewed for another floor a year later and it took them 2 weeks to call me and offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What's the thing you love most about your current job?   1 Answer