Barnes & Noble Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Tigard, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Incredibly disappointing experience. I had a brief phone interview and was invited to interview at the store. Upon my arrival, nobody seemed to know that I was scheduled, and the person who was supposed to interview me wasn't even there. Finally, somebody did show up to conduct the interview, but this person wasn't very engaged and seemed bored and disorganized. I was extremely well qualified for the position, but never received any kind of response in the weeks that followed. Not an email, not a phone call -- nothing. The job listing remained on their website for a solid month afterward. This is extremely unprofessional on their behalf, especially after I drove nearly 100 miles for the interview and was assured full consideration for the job. If this is how they treat their applicants, then how do they treat their employees? No wonder the company is having so many problems these days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

The secretary called me and was very nice and told me to come in that week for an interview. I went and was interviewed by the district manager. He under cut my current salary and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Online application, interviewed with a SM then had a phone screen interview with HR, then an interview with DM, interview with SM and other ASM. This was a fairly straight forward process, typical of retail.

Interview Questions

• Usual behavior based questions - tell me a time when you provided extraordinary customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Fremont, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied online for the position. In addition, I faxed a hard copy of my resume to the Store Manager. It took a couple of days to get a call back for a physical interview. The interview was about an hour long. The atmosphere of the store was fun and inviting.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in February 2010.

Interview

Submitted application online, then was called to schedule a 1 on 1 interview.