Barnes & Noble Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Barista Interview Questions

Interviews at Barnes & Noble

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Chico, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

More of a conversation than an interview - great environment, welcoming and positive vibes throughout. I talked to both the General and Assistant Managers, and both were cordial and sharp. Employee benefits sound great. Offered me the job at the end of the interview!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in January 2013.

Interview

Very quick and to the point. They prefer previous customer service experience. Do not come in casual clothes and make sure to ask questions at the end of the interview. Also it is good to call back and followup on the interview if you feel it went well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call saying I was a candidate for the position and they were holding open interviews one day and to come in anytime within a two hour period. I got there and waited until the person before me was done. There was a casual one on one interview in the store, and I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Will you be okay with memorizing recipes, etc.? Give me an example   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Calabasas, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very casual. Talked about books. Talked about working with food. Asked if I could follow directions because I have never worked with food before. Didn't get the job but was notified via written letter sent via mail.

Interview Questions

• How are you at following directions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (West Bloomfield, MI).

Interview

I applied online using their very simple web portal. I received a call back about a week later. Got an interview and was called that week to say that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite book?
      What are some of your strengths?
      Tell me about a difficult situation at your last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Rochester, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The manager asked questions about my resume and several different scenario questions like what do I do during down time at work. It took about 15 minutes. The manager was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Sell me either your favorite book, your phone, or a tablet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Wonderful interview process, exceptional staff, great management. Interview was fair, concise, and well-done. The screening was about 20-30 minutes long and I spoke with the Cafe Manager. All of the Barnes & Noble staff are passionate about their craft. Even cafe workers (who do not directly work with books) are avid readers and ensure that all B&N departments feel like the book floor.

Interview Questions

• What are your reasons for wanting to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Reno, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was extremely positive. I had two separate interviews, the first one with the cafe manager and the second with her higher up. I was offered a position on the spot after answering questions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

I sat down with the Cafe manager, she was very friendly and asked me some simple questions. I dressed professional and she wanted to know a lot about my previous working experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disappointed customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Pembroke Pines, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 2-3 days later I received a call back about the job. The woman on the phone was very polite and she asked me a few more questions before scheduling an interview the next day. I went in and she immediately complemented my attire (TIP: Do not wear jeans to the interview) and the interview only took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What differentiates the Starbucks in Barns & Noble apart from other Starbucks locations?   1 Answer