Barnes & Noble Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Barista Interview Questions

2.4

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in May 2016.

Interview

I sent in an application online and received a call the very next day from a manager. The phone call was essentially the interview. She asked me questions about myself, conditions of the job, and company related terms. It took about 10 minutes. The questions were average in difficulty and felt very generic. No call back yet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Merced, CA).

Interview

A week after applying online, I got a call notifying me Barnes and Noble wanted to interview me the next day. Over the phone they asked me a couple of questions, such as, "Why are you interested in working for Barnes and Noble?", "What interests you in sales?", "Do you have any salary requests?", and "What is your favorite café drink?"

The in person interview was very quick and casual. The interview itself only lasted about 15 minutes. I was asked around 5-6 questions in total. Half of them situational, the other behavioral. The interview took place in the café in the middle of the day, so there was a lot of people around with some noise (hence my casual note)

Barnes and Noble is looking for a person with previous customer service/job experience, which they ask about multiple times in the interview. People with little to no job experience have slim chances of getting hired (IMO).

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?
      Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved it.
      Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

They called to set up an interview a few days after I applied. I was interviewed with another applicant (applying for a different job), and then scheduled for a follow up interview a week later when we were done. The 2nd interview was with the head of the cafe to go over all the questions again and all the expectations. I was called a few months later.

Interview Questions

• Several questions related to past work (retail/customer) experience. How you handled problems, helped during special circumstances, etc.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in June 2009.

Interview

I applied to Barnes and Noble because I love books, but they only had a barista position open (which is fine because I love coffee too). I went to the customer service desk where I asked to fill out an application, and I actually got to meet a manager. We scheduled a interview time for the next week. I her inside the coffee shop in the Barnes and Noble for the interview. I was asked a couple questions, like how I deal with stressful situations, how I would deal with a coworker that was rude to me, and how I deal with customers with high expectations. The lady that interviewed me was really sweet, she just wanted to make sure I would be comfortable in a position where I would have to deal with the occasional rude customer. I was asked to describe some of my best traits. And also why I wanted to work at Barnes and Noble. There were a lot of open ended questions, so you really could tell the interviewer as much as you wanted to about yourself. They were interviewing a million different people at the time, so I didn't feel too bad they didn't call me back (the manager even said not to take it personally if I didn't get a call back because there were so many people interviewing for the same position). It seems like it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a co-worker that was extremely rude to you.   2 Answers
    • How would you deal with a rude customer?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in March 2010.

Interview

I applied and kept calling the Cafe Manager, persistent to get the job. She told me she would call back after reviewing my application, but didn't, so I called again. By that time they were finished hiring people.