Barnes & Noble Book Seller Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2017

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Barnes & Noble

2.3
HardAverageEasy
Found 15 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Hackensack, NJ) in May 2017

Interview

Applied Online, asked a lot of questions about prior experience – since this was my first job, I talked about experiences at school. TIP: You can say you love B&N/reading books/hanging out in the store, but don't let them think that you're going to try to sit around reading books instead of working.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Barnes&Noble?
    Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to do two things at once
Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Coralville, IA) in Feb 2017

Interview

I filled out an online application and got a call from one of the managers a couple of days later to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was easy, it felt more like having a pleasant conversation with someone I had just met rather than a job interview. I was informed right away that I was hired. All I had to do was pass a background check.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Application

Interview

Really laid-back, I had my interview in the cafe and they asked me questions like "What is your favorite book?" or "How would you sell that book to a customer?"

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (United States) in Jan 2017

Interview

I applied online, they called me back about two weeks later with a phone screening and to schedule and in person interview. The interview was a group interview with about 9 other people. They asked almost the same questions as the phone screening and they did a role play where you’re the book seller and the other was a customer. Pretty easy interview I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Nashville, TN) in Sep 2016

Interview

Simple, brief, good questions. The manager was great. I enjoyed getting to know her and felt like she was actually interested in me, and not just interested in asking the questions so she could be done

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (United States)

Interview

The process was very relaxed. First they call you to do a phone screening, then they bring you in for an in person interview. They'll check up on your references and call you back to offer you a position (or not). They want to know that you're a reader, and what kinds of books you like so that they can put you in sections you'd be comfortable working in.

Interview Questions
  • Who is your favorite author, what books do you like to read.
Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Florence, KY) in Oct 2015

Interview

I am going in for an interview tomorrow, it took almost a week for them to reply to my application, beforehand i formally introduced myself to the manager. Ill list the questions from over the phone here... I was offered to meet in person by the end of it, everything was a lot more laid back than i expected.

Interview Questions
  • What is one of the books you're currently reading?
  • Why did you leave your previous job?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (United States)

Interview

The first interview that I went through was pretty casual. Very general questions and conversation including things like "what's your favorite book?" The second interview with the main store manager was a little more formal and in-depth.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (United States)

Interview

I first applied online for the position of book seller and I was contacted by the manager for an over the phone interview a little less than a week later. We spoke for ten or fifteen minutes, with her asking questions like "what makes you a good fit?" and "why this company?" before she asked me to come into the store for an in-person interview. It was very informal and made me feel at ease, which I liked. The face to face interview was generally the same type of questions, but by a different person (another manager I believe). Unfortunately did not get the position, but the whole experience was not unpleasant.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (United States) in Aug 2013

Interview

I was asked a number of questions concerning my previous experience and how it relates to work at Barnes & Noble, as well as what sparked my interest in the company. The interviewer was very nice and engaging.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15