Barnes & Noble Bookseller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Bookseller Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

I came in for my first interview that was with one of the store's merchandise managers. It went really well, and right after he asked if I could stay for another interview with one of the higher up managers. I said yes. After, I was told informally that I had the job. Really positive experience

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation in which there was a problem that had to be solved, and what was your method of solution?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

The interview was nice and simple. I just talked about some relevant experience, my interest in books and helping people. They start everyone out as a cashier, so be prepared to count a till for the interview. They go easy on you if you mess up though, especially if you have no experience, so no worries.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you disagreed with your manager/supervisor?   Answer Question

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Process took several weeks from application to start date. Interview was structured as a conversation more so than a formal interview. Interviewed with two managers, was offered the position then had to do a background check.

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

It was a basic interview, pretty much like a conversation. Someone called me first to screen me on the telephone than I was called in for a personal interview. Both people I talked to were prtty nice.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Glendale, WI).

Interview

It was very easy and relaxed. We just had a conversation for the most part. They phone screened me, I sat down with two managers, and then the store manager so the process was a bit long. They called me back a few days later with an offer.

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

one on one interview with hiring manager, asked generic basic questions pertaining to the position, laid back, friendly, business casual, don't worry to much about this, just prepare normally for an interview and review basic question that are asked. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Interview - Basic / Resume questions. - Just screening and to clarify what was on your resume.
    In-Person Interview - Behavioral Question. - Basic behavioral question.
    Another In-Person Interview - Behavioral Question.
    Phone call to accept the job.

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call one day after submitting an application online. The manager stated that she would like to bring me in to interview the very next day. I arrived five minutes early to the interview. The manager took me to the back office and asked me about ten different questions, primarily focusing on customer service and my ability to get along with others. She was very nice and made the whole process seem very welcoming and organized. After the interview concluded, she stated that I would be hearing back from her soon. After two days, I received a call stating that they would like to offer me the job. I then completed a background check and was scheduled to start orientation.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?
      Was there ever a time you had a disagreement with a coworker?
      Why do you want to work at Barnes and Noble?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then went into the store and talked with the manager several days before the interview. It just so happened that they were doing group interviews that Friday. I came to the group interview and there were four others there. We drew pictures, answered questions about ourselves and our availability, and what we would do in a selling situation. It all lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Thornton, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Extensive interview. Have to interview with many people. Hard questions to answer. I was asked on the spot to sell the manger a book, and then thinking we were done, I talked to her about the book but she took that as ruining the ending of the book even though she already read it. It was kind of odd.

Interview Questions

• How would you make your co workers comfortable with you upon being hired?   1 Answer