Barnes & Noble Bookseller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Bookseller Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Glendale, WI).

Interview

It was very easy and relaxed. We just had a conversation for the most part. They phone screened me, I sat down with two managers, and then the store manager so the process was a bit long. They called me back a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

one on one interview with hiring manager, asked generic basic questions pertaining to the position, laid back, friendly, business casual, don't worry to much about this, just prepare normally for an interview and review basic question that are asked. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Interview - Basic / Resume questions. - Just screening and to clarify what was on your resume.
    In-Person Interview - Behavioral Question. - Basic behavioral question.
    Another In-Person Interview - Behavioral Question.
    Phone call to accept the job.

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call one day after submitting an application online. The manager stated that she would like to bring me in to interview the very next day. I arrived five minutes early to the interview. The manager took me to the back office and asked me about ten different questions, primarily focusing on customer service and my ability to get along with others. She was very nice and made the whole process seem very welcoming and organized. After the interview concluded, she stated that I would be hearing back from her soon. After two days, I received a call stating that they would like to offer me the job. I then completed a background check and was scheduled to start orientation.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?
      Was there ever a time you had a disagreement with a coworker?
      Why do you want to work at Barnes and Noble?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then went into the store and talked with the manager several days before the interview. It just so happened that they were doing group interviews that Friday. I came to the group interview and there were four others there. We drew pictures, answered questions about ourselves and our availability, and what we would do in a selling situation. It all lasted about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. They made nine of us sit in a circle and then she would speak one question and each of us would answer that. They fired 5-6 questions.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work here?   1 Answer

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

When I got to the store I asked for the person I was going to interview with, and I met with him and he said there was a mix up with times so that if I could wait 30 minutes and then my interview would start. It was a "little" inconvenient that there was a scheduling error and no one notified me ahead of time. The interviewer (assistant manager) was very nice and it didn't feel like a formal interview at all. He said there were set questions that he had to ask me. Questions varying from "What's your favorite book" to "Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker or superior". He brought up their membership program and if I would be okay with selling it.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Columbia, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty formal, they parter you up with someone else who is applying to see how well you work with other, definitely loaded you with questions. So yeah it was pretty hard but I ended up getting the job so it's not impossible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

They called me for an interview. The first interview was fairly quick, just asked about why I wanted to work there etc. I had a second interview another day and she asked about what I'm currently doing with my life, if I'm familiar with the membership program and what it does, what I see myself doing in five years...

I didn't get the job, but they were kind enough to call me and tell me that so I knew. It was a good experience for my first job interview (young and applying to minimum wage jobs), even though I didn't get hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Barnes and Noble membership program?   Answer Question

Bookseller Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Applied online, almost 2 weeks later received an email stating they were pursuing more experienced candidates. Not surprised, never had a job before so didn't have my hopes up that I would get the job