Barnes & Noble Bookseller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Bookseller Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Macon, GA).

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted about a week later. I had a breif phone interview with an assistant store manager. She then asked me to come in for a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed by two managers. The first manager asked me situational questions. The second manager asked me general interview questions. I did a background check the same day and was contacted the next day offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers?   1 Answer
  • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Tysons Corner, VA).

Interview

I came in for my first interview that was with one of the store's merchandise managers. It went really well, and right after he asked if I could stay for another interview with one of the higher up managers. I said yes. After, I was told informally that I had the job. Really positive experience

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation in which there was a problem that had to be solved, and what was your method of solution?   Answer Question

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

The interview was nice and simple. I just talked about some relevant experience, my interest in books and helping people. They start everyone out as a cashier, so be prepared to count a till for the interview. They go easy on you if you mess up though, especially if you have no experience, so no worries.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you disagreed with your manager/supervisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took one month from submitting the application to receiving and accepting the job offer. It involved one phone interview and then an in-person interview with fairly standard questions regarding customer service and previous retail experience.

I knew they would receive numerous applications for the bookseller position posted on their careers website, so I called the store a week after I submitted my application and resume to speak with a manager about getting an interview. They immediately pulled my submission from the stack of applications, read through it while I was on the phone with them and agreed that they would like to continue moving forward in the interview process with me.

My qualifications and experience earned me the job, but my initiative in calling the store to speak with management regarding my application got me the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation when you and a coworker are having a serious issue working together?   1 Answer

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Process took several weeks from application to start date. Interview was structured as a conversation more so than a formal interview. Interviewed with two managers, was offered the position then had to do a background check.

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

It was a basic interview, pretty much like a conversation. Someone called me first to screen me on the telephone than I was called in for a personal interview. Both people I talked to were prtty nice.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Glendale, WI).

Interview

It was very easy and relaxed. We just had a conversation for the most part. They phone screened me, I sat down with two managers, and then the store manager so the process was a bit long. They called me back a few days later with an offer.

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

one on one interview with hiring manager, asked generic basic questions pertaining to the position, laid back, friendly, business casual, don't worry to much about this, just prepare normally for an interview and review basic question that are asked. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Interview - Basic / Resume questions. - Just screening and to clarify what was on your resume.
    In-Person Interview - Behavioral Question. - Basic behavioral question.
    Another In-Person Interview - Behavioral Question.
    Phone call to accept the job.

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call one day after submitting an application online. The manager stated that she would like to bring me in to interview the very next day. I arrived five minutes early to the interview. The manager took me to the back office and asked me about ten different questions, primarily focusing on customer service and my ability to get along with others. She was very nice and made the whole process seem very welcoming and organized. After the interview concluded, she stated that I would be hearing back from her soon. After two days, I received a call stating that they would like to offer me the job. I then completed a background check and was scheduled to start orientation.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?
      Was there ever a time you had a disagreement with a coworker?
      Why do you want to work at Barnes and Noble?
      Answer Question