Barnes & Noble Bookseller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.3

246 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Stop by, fill out an application. If your lucky, get a call back for an interview. The manager who interviewed me preferred doing group interviews. So to stand out, one had to have good group dynamic skills and be charismatic enough to stand out in a crowd.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

About 4 months after I applied I was contact by phone for an interview. I met with the manager and an assistant manager a few days later to discuss my retail experience, tastes in books and music, and customer service skills. I was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. A fairly laid back interview.   Answer Question

Bookseller Interview

Interview

turned in application, received phone interview, and then face to face interview

Negotiation

management was up front about what could be offered

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Applications are submitted through BN.com only. If you get an interview, you will first interview with an assistant manager, then the store manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. predetermined pay rate

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Applied online, took a week to schedule interview. Straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Group interview in the basement, nothing too difficult, was one other person there, one person asking the questions, filled out a short questionnaire consisting of favorite book, times available. Interview process took about thirty minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Metairie, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was called one day when I couldn't reach my phone by a manager from the Barnes & Noble on Veterans Blvd in Metairie, Louisiana. She either kept telling me she was to busy to talk or just wasn't there and this went on for about 6-7 days. I called once a day usually and i showed up once hoping she would be available because I was in the area. I eventually caught her on the phone. Was asked a few basic questions maybe 10 minutes long. No call back yet although I seriously doubt I'll be getting one considering its been around a week at least or longer since i talked to her.

Bookseller Interview

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted about two weeks later for an interview. It was a group interview with about 8 of us. We all were given M&Ms and were asked to describe different things about ourselves. Then we did a lot of role playing in sort of a improvisation type of situation. It lasted for about an hour and then we all were told we would get a call back the next day. Sure enough, the next day I got a call from the Store Manager and she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many job related questions because we played out those scenarios in the role playing that we did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in November 2008.

Interview

The interview was easy and pleasant but it took forever to get an interview there even though they were usually hiring. I filled out about six separate applications.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2008.

Interview

I filled out an application and asked to speak to the general manager. He looked over my application, asked why I wanted to work there and told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. No need.