Barnes & Noble Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Cashier Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A one on one interview. Few general questions were asked. There was only one round. The HR was very friendly. I felt very comfortable during the entire interview.

You can prepare for the interview online. Do some background research. Also whatever you mention in your resume, be prepared to answer questions related to those.

Interview Questions

• Easy general questions.

Tell me about yourself?
    How do you handle pressure?
    Tell me about your past Experience?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a seasonal position. The interview was laid back and fairly predictable. We sat in the store's cafe and she asked me many questions mostly about my previous experience in the work field. After the interview the manager offered me the position and I accepted. I had to go back for an orientation a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What books are you reading right now?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

met up with supervisor and later met up with manager. after I was told an email will be sent to fill out our information for a background check. the woman was nice and fun to talk to. its a pretty easy interview

Interview Questions

• tell me about your work experience   1 Answer
    • how did you deal with an upset customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, just said why I would be a good fit for the job and how I loved customer service. She asked a couple of questions about work experience, and my passions.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Received call 6 days after I applied. Process was very simple and the interviewer made me feel very comfortable. I was asked pretty basic questions. All of the employees were welcoming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiations. Payed over minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Ocala, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process is pretty straightforward; asked about previous experience and what kind of skills I had for the job. Also wanted to know my favorite novels and any current novels I had been reading at the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can't really negotiate wages when starting but I was able to get the schedule I needed for school.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Fairly straightforward hiring process. I went in and inquired whether they were hiring. I received the application which I dropped off the next day. I received a call expressing interest in an interview. Interview was similar to other retail interviews I had had. Nothing too difficult or unusual. I received a call a few days later saying that I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Tampa, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Hardly any interview. Literally just show up and they'll hire you. Not even a resume required. This is because they have a great demand for people as they have their rush period where they need a lot of work force

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Cambridge, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

It was an interesting interview. They told me all about how much they loved stationary. They were really excited to open up boxes of the newest shipments. The all love stationary an greeting cards.

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (DeKalb, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

First I had to apply online at their company website, and they first contacted me by phone. We scheduled a first interview that lasted about 15 minutes, then I went back for a second interview which lasted about a half hour. Both managers were both real knowledgeable and open, and are great people to work with. I had to submit a background check, which there was a bit of a hiccup with because the first submission wasn't received, but I was hired a little less than a month later.

Interview Questions

• If you were working on a task, and someone asked you to start working on something else instead, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiation, I went to the second interview and was hired shortly after that.