Barnes & Noble Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Barnes & Noble

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Wesley Chapel, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a manager first. Then they asked me to come in for an interview with another manager. I arrived early to the interview. Had to sit and wait for an hour until the manager came down to interview with me. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. They asked me if I could come in the next day for an interview with a different manager. Arrived at that interview at had to wait 20 minutes to be met with. They told me they would call me if they had a position for me. They called me a month later and offered me the job but I wouldn't be allowed to start for another month.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Toledo, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

They asked a lot of questions about books and classes I have taken. They wanted to know when the last time was that I finished a book, along with what genres and series I like to read.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in November 2014.

Interview

There was a three step interview. Phone, manager, and general manager. Asked simple questions. They asked simple questions about my resume and general interviewing questions. every on was nice and it did not take long for me to get hired.

Interview Questions

• What happened with my last job.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and simple. I came in and talked to the hiring manager about my previous work experience and my future availability and the was pretty much it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview was quick, interesting, and and very detail oriented. The manager was nice and I could definitely see myself working there. The manager asked about my experiences, availability, volunteer work, and whether or not I had retail experience.

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Snellville, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

received a phone call to set up a f2f interview, did the f2f, then received a phone call with an offer in less than a week. was asked questions about customer service experience and given a mock membership sales scenario to complete.

Interview Questions

• What would you do about a dissatisfied customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Peabody, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Peabody, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with Assistant store Manager. Given tour of store and explained the duties and responsibilities of Cashier. Introduced to store managers and supervisors. I was told that I would have to work on weekends and holidays.

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Ocala, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process is pretty straightforward; asked about previous experience and what kind of skills I had for the job. Also wanted to know my favorite novels and any current novels I had been reading at the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can't really negotiate wages when starting but I was able to get the schedule I needed for school.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly brief. I went in and filled out an application and heard back within a few days. I then went back in and had an interview with the hiring manager. Asked me when I was available, what prior retail experience I had, etc.

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (DeKalb, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

First I had to apply online at their company website, and they first contacted me by phone. We scheduled a first interview that lasted about 15 minutes, then I went back for a second interview which lasted about a half hour. Both managers were both real knowledgeable and open, and are great people to work with. I had to submit a background check, which there was a bit of a hiccup with because the first submission wasn't received, but I was hired a little less than a month later.

Interview Questions

• If you were working on a task, and someone asked you to start working on something else instead, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiation, I went to the second interview and was hired shortly after that.