Barnes & Noble College Bookstores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2018

1.7

Temporary Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores (Miami, FL).

Interview

The process was conducted very well in a professional and relaxed manner. I think I would have achieved a successful outcome if only I better prepared myself for the interview, which happens to be my first one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?   1 Answer

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores.

Interview

Really easy. Went into the store, asked about openings and was told to apply online. Did that, was asked to come in for an interview. Basic personality interview. Got the job 1 week later. They started me out as seasonal and then offered me part-time 2 months later.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores (Basking Ridge, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was a face to face interview with the hiring manager and her boss. The interview process was typical. There were no surprises. No crazy questions. The people I met were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people who are difficult and do not want to engage in the project?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores in December 2017.

Interview

Three different interviews. One in person, and two over the phone. Took about 3 weeks from when I applied to get offered an interview. I had 3 interviews with 3 different people, all within a week.

Anonymous Employee in Pinehurst, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores (Pinehurst, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. I was contacted through email and given various interview time slots. Asked super basic questions and even the questions on the application. It was very relaxed. Hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores.

Interview

Applied online, got a call that week for an interview, got hired on the spot. Really relaxed and casual atmosphere. Standard interview questions like why do you want to work here, do you have any retail experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you've encountered with a customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

IT Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores in October 2017.

Interview

Had two phone screens with HR reps and then was invited onsite. Once onsite I spoke with another HR rep then spoke with the manager of the security and compliance department. Questions were basic knowledge of questions.

Bookseller Interview

Interview

I filled out an online application, however the site was glitchy. After I submitted my application, I never heard back (I completed it around 3 weeks before the start of the college semester). I suggest applying earlier if your college is densely populated.

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores (Tacoma, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

They called me for an interview. Met with two managers at a store and briefly discussed the position, expectations, and my work experience. There weren't too many questions beyond basic background questions from my application.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores (Raleigh, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

You go over the schedule, get the papers signed and the background check done. There is a little explanation of what the job entails. After that you're basically hired. There are some introductions, they give you a uniform (t-shirt) and teach you how to log on to the registers.