Barnes & Noble College Bookstores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble College Bookstores Interview Questions

Interviews at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores

1.7

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores.

Interview

I attended a group interview with about 6-7 people and the assistant store manager. We each filled out a form with more of our info and availability, and then answered questions one at a time that the assistant store manager asked.

Interview Questions

• What work would you do in the store at times where business is slow?   Answer Question

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores.

Interview

Quick and laid back. Spoke with department manager and he asked me to speak to his boss shortly after. Interview was 6 days ago and still waiting to hear back

General Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

I first got a call to get an interview one and one then I went to my interview it was fast she asked me questions about my work experience and basic customer service

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bout yourself was one of the interview questions and why did I leave my previous job   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores in January 2020.

Interview

Very brief and straight forward with questions asked! Only a couple of interview questions that are answerable if you have had previous experience in customer service or retail. Interview was 1:1, overall an easy process just come prepared with answers from experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time a customer helped you become a better employee.   Answer Question

Part-time Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores (College Station, TX) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Got a call 3 days later to schedule an in-person interview with the head manager. Business casual attire. Very simple and fast interview, was hired on the spot.

Temporary Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores (Mobile, AL) in June 2019.

Interview

I was asked a bunch of scenario questions. It will differ with the stores. Only took 10 minutes. It was a phone interview since I lived 2 hours away. Emailed me the next week and offered me a position.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores (Flint, MI) in May 2019.

Interview

Discussed previous experience, customer service standards, company policies and skills from previous locations. Cash handling, loss prevention, ordering, receiving, shipping. Working with the contract client to best service the students.

Interview Questions

• What did I most like about my job and how did I handle a disgruntled customer.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Interview with hr rep first, then department supervisor. Was going to interview with the Manager, but they were not available at that time. The wait time took a couple of weeks before I was called back and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Are you familiar with mail processing?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Interview

Easy, stress-free, and laid-back interview centered around work ethic and customer service experience. The manager was accommodating and welcoming, which made the experience more comfortable. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are three words that describe you as a worker and why?   Answer Question

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores.

Interview

Manager didn't interview anyone. He would contact you via email and ask your availability and when you could start. Automatically hired people. multiple people had to ask what their pay was. Constantly messed up schedules