Barnes & Noble Community Relations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Community Relations Manager Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Community Relations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

The process started with a phone screening, then followed by three interviews. The first interview was with two of the store managers I would be working with; the second was with an assistant manager and a bookseller. The third interview was with the district manager. I just wrapped up my third interview a day ago and am waiting on a final decision. The questions in the first two interviews were pretty common ones related to customer service, literature, and communication skills. The final interview contained some obscure questions that I had to take a moment to answer, but I was never asked anything that really threw me off too much.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you approached a situation one way and then realized you needed to take another approach? How did you handle it? -This is a question where your response can really hurt you if you come up with an answer that isn't more on the positive side. Try to steer away from saying you were dealing with a customer that was so difficult you had to become overly stern in order to make them understand your business' policy, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Community Relations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in December 2012.

Interview

Resume was submitted online and I recieved an intial phone screening to determine qualifications. I was then asked to move on to an interview with the store manager. This was a scripted interview where she took notes and asked questions about sales stratgies and decided if my answer was strong or not. It looks like a rating system is used based on my answers to the questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Nook? If this isn't a product that you are familiar with, get comfortable with it prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Community Relations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in September 2011.

Interview

I had an interview with the store manager. Low stress, relatively informal sit-down meeting in the Cafe. Don't know if offer will be made. Fair questions and good explanation of responsibilities.