Barnes & Noble Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Barnes & Noble

1.5

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (San Diego, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

I interviewed with many managers offsite at a recruitment place. This is not the norm, usually we just interview people at the store and they go through 2-3 interviews with 2-3 different managers. They promise you a bunch of stuff that never happens and convince you to leave your current employer based on these promises. I was offered a decent wage but as for the quality of life, that was a lie. It was a fairly easy interview as they were the ones trying to recruit me. All interviews held in the normal way at the store level are also easy. I would normally just ask basic questions and went with my gut most of the time when deciding whether or not to hire someone. It's all based on personality mostly. That and appearance. Dress the part and your chances are higher.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult customer and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was dumb and did not negotiate at all. Other I know have and got what they asked for. if you come from another big store and have good references and a lot of experience I would definitely recommend negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Orlando, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Spoke to about four different people before getting hired

Interview Questions