Barnes & Noble Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

160 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cafe Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Chattanooga, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called a few days later by the manager of the cafe. She asked me a few questions over the phone, it lasted about 15 minutes. Then she asked me to come in later that week for an interview. I came to the interview, and the lady told me that she was waiting for some other employees to get back from lunch and then she could interview me. She was nice, and she offered me a free drink from the menu. After the employees got back she sat me down at a table and started asking me questions. The questions were basic, and the interview lasted about 20 minutes. After that she said she would call me to let me know if I got the job. A couple days later she called and told me they had gone with someone with more experience, but said I should reapply when I'm older. Decent experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite drink from Starbucks?   Answer Question
    • How would you feel about selling people things without them asking?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Edina, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Lengthy with a lot of detailed questions. Some of the questions surprised me and some were general interview questions. All-in-all the interview went well, I thought. Oh, and some of the questions didn't seem right for the situation but that was just my take on the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were helping a customer and another customer approached you while you had 8-9 customers at the register and 1 on the phone, how would you prioritize this?   Answer Question

Part Time Book Seller Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Sent in application online. Was called for a screening interview and called for a second interview 1 1/2 weeks later. Screening interview kinda threw me through a loop because they asked me to sell them something from the store.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What makes you passionate about sales?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Sell me something from the store.   Answer Question

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

It was a basic interview, pretty much like a conversation. Someone called me first to screen me on the telephone than I was called in for a personal interview. Both people I talked to were prtty nice.

Cafe Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and they called me the next day to a phone interview. After the phone interview they scheduled an in person interview and asked basic questions. They then scheduled ANOTHER interview and after that one (the 3rd one) they decided they weren't going to hire me. The interview process is excessively long and annoying.

Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in February 2017.

Interview

I met the Asst Manager for the first interview. That had many behavioral questions, then with the Store Manager who asked a few repeat questions, more behavioral questions and more about my background as well as my book interests, then with the District Manager. The latter asked me more about my background.

Part Time Book Seller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Riverside, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Took about almost a month for them to reach out to me to schedule an interview. Met with the manager and she asked typical interview questions. Asked some questions at the end about your favorite book and such.

Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Thornton, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Extensive interview. Have to interview with many people. Hard questions to answer. I was asked on the spot to sell the manger a book, and then thinking we were done, I talked to her about the book but she took that as ruining the ending of the book even though she already read it. It was kind of odd.

Interview Questions

• How would you make your co workers comfortable with you upon being hired?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Reno, NV) in January 2017.

Interview

4 Step Interview:
    1) Phone interview
    2) Technical Interview (Phone) Corporate New Jersey Office
    3) Technical interview in person
    4) Interview with head of Reno Plant
    Interview process took over a month to complete, with very little communication after the process was completed. Each step required a degree higher of technical aptitude with each group. The New Jersey office was very pleasant, the Reno, NV IT department was very pleasant as well. All people in the IT department were very knowledgeable and courteous.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with an IBM AS400 system?   1 Answer

Cafe Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Raleigh, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very casual/laid back. My interviewer asked me about what books I like. Then, we talked about past customer service experience. He also asked what school I go to, and what I was studying. Just basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite book?   1 Answer