Barnes & Noble Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.2

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Process took several weeks from application to start date. Interview was structured as a conversation more so than a formal interview. Interviewed with two managers, was offered the position then had to do a background check.

Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

It was a basic interview, pretty much like a conversation. Someone called me first to screen me on the telephone than I was called in for a personal interview. Both people I talked to were prtty nice.

Part Time Book Seller Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Sent in application online. Was called for a screening interview and called for a second interview 1 1/2 weeks later. Screening interview kinda threw me through a loop because they asked me to sell them something from the store.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What makes you passionate about sales?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Sell me something from the store.
      Answer Question

Cafe Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview. I met with the cafe manager first and then the store manager afterwards. We talked about what a day would look like working there and they asked situational questions about dealing with customers.

Cafe Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

Interview process was easy and pretty entry-level. I was asked why I wanted to work for B&N and a lot of "tell me about a past experience where you..."-type questions. I heard back from them with a offer within a week.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Glendale, WI).

Interview

It was very easy and relaxed. We just had a conversation for the most part. They phone screened me, I sat down with two managers, and then the store manager so the process was a bit long. They called me back a few days later with an offer.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Lincoln, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

They called to invite me to interview the next day. The interview lasted about 40 minutes and was very relaxed and easy. I interviewed first with one of the general managers of the bookstore location, and after she had asked me 15 questions and I'd asked her 10, she brought the cafe manager over to complete my interview. The cafe manager asked me 5 more required questions and went over what a typical day as a Cafe Barista. I asked her a few questions that popped up as she walked me through the typical day, then we shook hands and ended the interview. Ten minutes later, they sent an email for background check consent. I filled it out and submitted it within fifteen minutes. Three days later, they called to offer me the job!

Interview Questions

• How do you make people feel comfortable talking to you?   1 Answer
    • What have you been reading lately?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you resolved an issue with a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Why Barnes and Noble?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Book Seller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Coralville, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application and got a call from one of the managers a couple of days later to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was easy, it felt more like having a pleasant conversation with someone I had just met rather than a job interview. I was informed right away that I was hired. All I had to do was pass a background check.

Cafe Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and they called me the next day to a phone interview. After the phone interview they scheduled an in person interview and asked basic questions. They then scheduled ANOTHER interview and after that one (the 3rd one) they decided they weren't going to hire me. The interview process is excessively long and annoying.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Phone interview, meeting with HR in person, meeting with the hiring manager. Everyone was inquisitive, friendly, and passionate about their role in the company and the opening. There was an appropriate amount of questioning about my background and contribution potential.