Barnes & Noble Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.4

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call saying I was a candidate for the position and they were holding open interviews one day and to come in anytime within a two hour period. I got there and waited until the person before me was done. There was a casual one on one interview in the store, and I was offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Will you be okay with memorizing recipes, etc.? Give me an example   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied directly on their website and received a phone screen in one week, invited to in-person interview with three employees in another week. Overall good experience. Seems like a relatively small team (finance) for a large company, and most of the people I talked to during the interview have worked at B&N for relatively a long time.

Interview Questions

• What was the least thing you like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Phone interview, meeting with HR in person, meeting with the hiring manager. Everyone was inquisitive, friendly, and passionate about their role in the company and the opening. There was an appropriate amount of questioning about my background and contribution potential.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online, quickly contacted for a phone interview (2 days later) with HR where we discussed my career history and qualifications. Invited for an in-person interview 2 weeks later where I met with a member of the team in the same role, and the supervisor for the role. All went well so the following day I was asked to provide several references of previous supervisors or colleagues.

The actual interviews were more of an easy conversation, and I learned a lot about what they were looking for in an employee and what I could expect from the role. Be prepared to talk in-depth about your previous experience and provide examples.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite aspect of your previous job?   Answer Question

Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Interview - Basic / Resume questions. - Just screening and to clarify what was on your resume.
    In-Person Interview - Behavioral Question. - Basic behavioral question.
    Another In-Person Interview - Behavioral Question.
    Phone call to accept the job.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was quite short. I got an email for an interview. The invterview lasted around 20 minutes with about 5 to 7 questions. After the interview I received my job offer and I signed it. They needed staff, so my answers didn't have much weight.

Part Time Book Seller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

They called me with some questions asking about my availability and why I wanted to work at Barnes & Noble. The caller was very friendly and very kind, taking time to listen to what I had to say. After I answered these questions they scheduled me for an interview with a manager.

Bookseller and Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

One on one interview. Great experience. Interviewer did her best to make me feel confortable. I'm a foreigner, good but not perfect english. She allowed me to take my time to answer the questions and did not show any sign of prejudice.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Barnes & Noble? Do you have any experience at the cash register? How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Bookseller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, I applied on line at first, then recieved a phone screen interview, then was called in to the store and interviewed with two of the managers of the store, and was told they would check references and then received a call offering me the job about 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to deal with something uncomfortable   Answer Question

Cafe Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Online tool, then a manager with the Store Manager. After that was a phone interview with the district manager, then another phone interview with a cafe guru. C'mon i just filled this out so I could look t other jobs I'm interested in.