Barnes & Noble Part Time Book Seller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Part Time Book Seller Interview Questions

Interviews at Barnes & Noble

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Wyomissing, PA) in March 2019.

Interview

I was called for an interview a day or so after applying. When I arrived, however it quickly became clear that the interviewer had never even looked at my application. I had asked for more than the minimum they were willing to pay and my availability was completely opposite what they were looking for. Very poor experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Did not even get to questions, interviewer spent most of the time looking at my application   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Part Time Book Seller Interview

Interview

The interview process wasn’t that long. There was so phone call and then and in-person interview that was about half an hour. About a week later, they called me to tell me that I got the job.

Part Time Book Seller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

had one phone interview along with an in person interview and then got the job from there. Phone interview asked personality questions and what kinds of books I was into reading, some of my favorites. How I would recommend a book to someone. Asked questions like how to handle a difficult situation in the store. If a customer is unhappy how would you resolve it

Interview Questions

• how did you deal with a difficult situation in the past   Answer Question
    • what is your favorite book and how would you recommend it to someone   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

My application was processed quickly. I submitted an online application and then was selected to an person interview. Great interview with a friendly manager. Was sent the final paperwork to complete that evening and slotted for my first shift the following week.

Part Time Book Seller Interview

Interview

I had a brief phone screening followed by an in person interview with one of the managers. Simple interview questions that asked about your interest in the company, experience selling, and knowledge of company policies. I was asked to sell their membership policy during my interview.

Part Time Book Seller Interview

Interview

We had a casual interview in the cafe area. The interviewer asked about why I wanted to work at B&N, past experiences (e.g. examples of customer service, working in team settings), and how I would interact with customers as a bookseller.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced difficulties in group projects and how did you resolve them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Howell, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Howell, NJ) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied and got a call to come in for an interview the same day. I went in for the interview 2 days later I was interviewed by the store manager very professional and clear about the duties of a bookseller. They really stress customer service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Redwood City, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Interviewer asked questions and filled out a form. It definitely seemed like he was just going through the motions but I found it strange that he did not talk about books (only customer service questions) or ask what my favorite book was at all.

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Worcester, MA) in July 2018.

Interview

I got a phone call that asked be basic interview questions and then was requested to meet in person. After that interview I was asked to have a second interview with the store manager and then I was offered the job if my background check cleared.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a conflict with a staff member or manager?   Answer Question

Part Time Book Seller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I applied for a college Barnes and Noble and they simply asked about my experience in retail. They were hiring for temporary booksellers so they were sure to make that known. The manager was very inviting and thoroughly explained what the job would entail.