Barnes & Noble Receiver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Receiver Interview Questions

Interviews at Barnes & Noble

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview wasn't terribly hard or formal. They took me back into the receiving area, talked about the job requirements. They then asked me to elaborate upon parts of my resume and job history, how those were relevant to the job i was applying for, and how i could apply them. They also, asked about the normal stuff, how did you hear about us, and why do you want to work at B&N.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done anything approaching the kind of work you'll have here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Orland Park, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was great kept a smile on their face. Asked me about 6 questions and I also asked them questions. It was in the cafe we had our sit down interview with receiving manager and assistance manager. Had a second interview today with the store manager this evening at 4

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Highlands Ranch, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

Very simple and basic interview. Slightly informal seeing to the fact that it was done in the cafe section of the store. Interviewer was very nice as were the other employees that were spoken to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Applied online, in a week got called in for an interview. The interview was with the receiving manager and the assistant store manager. It was a group interview with four other people (originally 6 others but 2 people never showed up), I was the only one who didn't have sales experience everyone else were working with 5+ years on sales or just general retail. Questions went around to person to person, some of the questions were:

- How do you deal with urgency/deadlines/stress
    - How would you deal with a difficult situation with another co-worker, or supervisor
    - How have you in your past experiences promoted a product
    - Whats the best way for someone to learn something
    - Why do you want to work here
    - How do you make a customer feel welcome

Interview Questions

• Well for me only because I don't have any experience in sales, one question that I struggled to answer was "How have you in your past experiences promoted a product" others answered on how they promoted their store's credit card program, or memberships and explained to them the benefits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

-Applied online
    -Got a call 2 weeks later for interview
    -Hired on spot

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      Do you like books?
      What kind of books?
      What's your favorite book and why?
      What is your availability?   Answer Question