Barnes & Noble Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Barnes & Noble

1.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Aventura, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

It was a large group interview for a now closed B&N Store in Aventura FL. The store manager and the cafe services manager asked general questions of the group. But the one thing that stood out was when the store manager asked the group, "Why do you want to work here? And don't say 'I love books'" Well, let's face it. People who want to work in a bookstore often really like books. Actually, that seems like a characteristic of a good employee, you know, someone who knows the stock, can make recommendations, understands what's where. That sort of thing. I knew there was no way I'd work there and I am not surprised the store later closed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very basic here. As a college student, my main goal was to find a job that would allow me to work extremely flexible hours (less than 20 per week). I met with a manager in the cafe and we talked mainly about the responsibilities of the position.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed very casually by a mid-level store manager. He asked me several questions from a list that corporate requires. Some of the questions were incredibly useless for example, "what electronic device could you not live without?" The manager was friendly and the interview only took 20 minutes. Most important thing is your availability - they want flexible employees, and weekend availability - no one wants to work weekends so everyone does some. After I got the job the manager told me he basically just wants people who have social skills, are coherent, and reliable.

Interview Questions

• What electronic device could you not live without?   1 Answer