Barnes & Noble Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.0

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Edina, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Lengthy with a lot of detailed questions. Some of the questions surprised me and some were general interview questions. All-in-all the interview went well, I thought. Oh, and some of the questions didn't seem right for the situation but that was just my take on the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were helping a customer and another customer approached you while you had 8-9 customers at the register and 1 on the phone, how would you prioritize this?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Fort Myers, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in store, was called the next week for an interview and got the job soon after that. So far it's been a good experience. Retail is retail, but at least this isn't a hard sell.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to a group interview of around 10 people or so. Everyone was very pleasant. A few questions were asked each member was to answer and they described the process and expectations of the company including some of the benefits.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite books? What is your favorite section in Barnes and Noble?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Providence, RI) in May 2016.

Interview

Sat down with manager, went over what the job entitles, time, pay, guidelines to follow and current policies. Manager made sure I understood what the job entitled to do, and asked if I had any questions or concerns. Went over the allowed time for break and lunch, and made sure to explain that it was a temporary position so there are no misunderstoods later on.

Interview Questions

• Will I be able to work during all of business hours and sometimes weekends?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later. They called me In for an interview for the next day. When I went, I was lead to what seemed like the storage room. It was a very nice and relaxed interview. The guy asked basic questions and I answered them all. When I was done, the guy told me I would get on Monday or Tuesday. I never heard back for them or anything. A couple of people I know had also gotten an interview for a position and they never got a call back either so I'm not sure what exactly they were looking for or if they were just giving interviews to tell their boss they did.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in July 2015.

Interview

Was quick and easy, nothing to really be scared about. At least the people were nice and the job was fun and I weekly pay. Who would not have liked that.

Anonymous Employee in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Starkville, MS) in July 2014.

Interview

There was not an interview process. The lady emailed me and started me to work that next day. there were a group of us who were employed at the same time. the people were nice and we had to sign a whole lot of papers the first day.

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Flushing, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Asked general questions for job. Interviewed by two managers who both asked similar questions. Very friendly, wanted to know availability. Night shifts must do at least 1 per week. Take your time answering questions and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Favorite Book, How would I manage working with others. The basics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Durham, NC).

Interview

Initial communication was by phone to set up interview. First interview was with Assistant Manager and then a follow up interview with the Store Manager. The process was all one-on-one and took place within the store. Total process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a previous job experience that had nothing to do with the position and then how to relate it to what I was applying for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Charleston, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

It was quick and simple. The interviewer was nice and began asking about my day, work and volunteer experience. He asked questions such as how well I do under pressure. We discussed many things about locating parts of the store and who to talk to when a customer needs assistance that can't be answered. The overall experience put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• How well do you think you could see a card to every customer?   1 Answer