Barnes & Noble Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Edina, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

Lengthy with a lot of detailed questions. Some of the questions surprised me and some were general interview questions. All-in-all the interview went well, I thought. Oh, and some of the questions didn't seem right for the situation but that was just my take on the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were helping a customer and another customer approached you while you had 8-9 customers at the register and 1 on the phone, how would you prioritize this?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later. They called me In for an interview for the next day. When I went, I was lead to what seemed like the storage room. It was a very nice and relaxed interview. The guy asked basic questions and I answered them all. When I was done, the guy told me I would get on Monday or Tuesday. I never heard back for them or anything. A couple of people I know had also gotten an interview for a position and they never got a call back either so I'm not sure what exactly they were looking for or if they were just giving interviews to tell their boss they did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Charleston, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

It was quick and simple. The interviewer was nice and began asking about my day, work and volunteer experience. He asked questions such as how well I do under pressure. We discussed many things about locating parts of the store and who to talk to when a customer needs assistance that can't be answered. The overall experience put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• How well do you think you could see a card to every customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Pikesville, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

Gave my application to the manager and he told me to come back the following Monday for a group interview. Nothing very hard and very basic questions, they just weren't hiring at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (East Brunswick, NJ) in June 2008.

Interview

I contacted barnes, filled out an application, recieved call for interview and interviewed. The process was fairly straightforward, albeit lengthy considering the position. I don't now what else to say really. The interviewee was a manager... She was younger than me... I was in a suit, she was in a t-shirt.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty straightforward. What sort of books one liked etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Irving, TX) in January 2007.

Interview

Interview once for 15 minutes...Just asked general questions about myself.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Star Texas (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Lone Star Texas (South Africa)) in October 2016.

Interview

As others have stated, the interviews can run long; I spent an hour at the bookstore. It's probably a strategy, but, again, as others have said, you will be interviewed in the cafe. I had quite a few questions and have always wanted to work at the bookstore and, as (an older) returning student in graduate school majoring in English Literature, a professional writer by trade and a person who is well-versed in all things literary, I thought I had a very good chance of securing a temporary position. Hope springs eternal so you never know what may happen over the holidays!