Barnes & Noble Temporary Bookseller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barnes & Noble Temporary Bookseller Interview Questions

Interviews at Barnes & Noble

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Manhasset, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview where they had us fill out a question sheet. They collected the question sheet and went over each question with us individually, in a round-table style. They asked questions regarding favorite books, how you would sell a customer additional books, and if we were comfortable offering customers the Barnes & Noble membership cards.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite book?   2 Answers
  • How would you approach a customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Barnes & Noble

Temporary Bookseller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble in December 2018.

Interview

It's a simple and very laid-back group interview. In fact, everyone was dressed surprisingly casually (I dressed up way too formal). You're basically hired if your schedule is flexible and have good hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've experienced a difficult coworker or group member.   Answer Question
    • What is one time you've given good customer service?   Answer Question

Temporary Bookseller Interview

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I did a group interview with 1 other candidate. We were asked basic questions such as why we wanted to work there and what our class schedules were. We were shown the store and the manager who interviewed us warned us about the crazy fast-paced work environment as the semester started. I was asked when I could start and given my first shift a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call for me to schedule an interview. Came in and met the assistant manager and sat at a table for an interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and the manager was very friendly and engaged. She took notes and offered me the job at the end of the interview because of my experience.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you have that you can bring to Barnes and Noble?   Answer Question
    • Why Barnes and Noble?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Our store can get pretty busy with about 300 people in it at once at some points. How would you handle the rush of people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I was called two days after applying. I went into the interview which was pretty quick. I was asked to send give permission for a background check. I was called within a couple of days for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Hackensack, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online after seeing an in-store advertisement. In five days, I received a call from the store asking to come in for an interview the next day. The interview was held with only one store manager in their office within the break room. They had my resume & information online (although I brought hard copies). It took about 20-30 minutes. The first thing they did was ask my availability, then proceeded to questions. I asked a few questions at the end & they informed me a background check would be conducted. It was completed within 6 days, and I was called again by the store to inform me I'd been hired & to attend orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to sell a new product.   Answer Question
    • What to you is great customer service?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had bad customer service? If so, explain what made it bad.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to shift your ideals to appeal to somebody else.   Answer Question

Bookseller - Temporary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Eagan, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later. The manager asked me a few questions, about why I was interested, my previous customer service experience, and my availability. He then invited me for an interview the following day. The interview took place in the cafe area with the manager and myself, and it lasted no more than ten minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you had to learn something new very quickly?   Answer Question

Bookseller - Temporary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview took about 45 minutes. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, with some questions unique to a bookstore, such as books I've read recently. I applied online, but a store employee also recommended me. Otherwise, I doubt I would have gotten an interview, since they have a lot of applicants. I was disappointed that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable selling the B&N membership card to customers at check-out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Hill, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnes & Noble (Cedar Hill, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

Business Casual, very simple questions about my background. They informed me that for the holiday position I was applying for, they train you for every area of the store.