Barrick Gold Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barrick Gold Interview Questions

Interviews at Barrick Gold

Instrument Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Elko, NV).

Interview

Very easy but nothing was done in a timely manner. Very delayed. So if you are in need for a job quickly, you better have some patience. The HR departments works at its own pace.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Reno, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

quick process, moderate questions, very relaxed setting, not very intimidating, it took at least 2 months to get an offer though which was rather slow, called by phone to offer the job, very nice people and recruiters, painless process led to job

GeoTech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elko, NV

Application

The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Elko, NV) in August 2011.

Interview

Not bad .. Seemed to be lack of coordination of goals between peers and manager.

The travel plans were not coordinated well. Worst, was company did not reply to thank you letter, did not acknowledge declining to offer position, or return phone calls.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barrick Gold in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got an email 2 months later requesting a 1-way video interview. I haven't heard back since, so I am assuming they went with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a colleague and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial interview was landed at a convention through a recruiter. 2nd interview Barrick flew myself, and my family, out to the site. 2nd interview was much more technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple

Business Improvement Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elko, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Elko, NV) in May 2010.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted for a phone interview. The first interview was scheduled for a Wednesday morning. The interviewer called late and said that they would have to reschedule the interview as they were in meetings (shouldn't they have known this prior to scheduling the interview in the first place?). The interview was rescheduled for a week later, this time the interviewer didn't call at all. I tried to call several times, but there was no answer. Two days later, the interviewer called back and rescheduled the interview, again. The third time, the phone interview finally went through. It consisted of questions from three people currently in the role. The questions were mostly of the generic flavor you often expect during interviews, ie "Where do you see yourself in five years?" By the end of this interview I had the impression they were quite interested in me. However, it was about a week and a half to two weeks before I heard back from them asking for an in-person interview, which was scheduled to take place in about a week and a half. The company amply covered my travel costs, which was nice. The in-person interview consisted of a tour around their facility, a 2:1 Q&A session with the people currently in the role, and then a 1:1 interview with a superior. After the in-person interview, they essentially told me they wanted to hire me. However, from the in-person interview to the actual offer, more than a month passed before they got back to me. Once they did, their offer was ABSURDLY low.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were tasked with doing a workshop, but one of the supervisors who you helped with projects told you it was a waste of time, and he needed you to complete an improvement project for him instead?   Answer Question

They knew my current salary, and really wanted me as an employee, yet offered me an amount that would have cut my salary by more than $20k. I turned their offer down, primarily due to that, but also because of their blatant disorganization.

Metallugist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Elko, NV) in November 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an HR representative and they inquired if I was interested in a job. After informing them I was, a phone interview was set-up for me with the superintendent of technical services at the mine. The phone interview lasted about an hour. We discussed my previous work history, focus in school, family life and Barrick and Elko in general. About a week after that interview, I was requested to do an on-site tour for which they flew me to Elko. First morning there, I was greeted by the superintendent and a process chief metallurgist. We went to breakfast and there I met several other metallurgists and technical services personnel. I say breakfast but it was more of a panel interview where they all took turns asking me questions about projects I had previously worked on, where I had previously worked and what my responsibilities were and of course, they offered me an opportunity to ask questions of my own about the job details, company and surrounding area. Following breakfast, we drove out to the mine site where I was given a tour of the multiple processes. Again, about a week after my on-site interview, I was called and offered a job! After accepting, the job was mine pending an in depth background check, drug test and physical.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to discuss a project of which I was the leader, the difficulties I faced, how I overcame them and the end all result of the project to include the most valuable thing I learned while working the job.   1 Answer

Mine Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Elko, NV) in August 2011.

Interview

The team started by taking me out to breakfast and asking me questions. We all drove out to site together and they took me through all the various things they did during the day. This included core logging and high wall mapping. As we did that they asked questions and it was a very relaxed environment. This was a good process that allowed them to get a feel for how i would be doing those various tasks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this role? What was is your most valuable skill set? What did you like about your last job? What did you dislike about your last job? How comfortable are you using the necessary equipment in the open pit? At breakfast the typical interview questions came up but as the day progressed the more task detailed ones came up.   Answer Question

Underground Mine Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Elko, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

The whole process took a little over three months from initial phone call from HR to the first day of new hire training. After the phone interview I was scheduled for an actual face to face interview which turned out to be an entire day out at the mine for both a tour of the mine and interaction with potential co-workers. Once offered the position there was a full background check, medical physical, and drug test before I was officially given the job. Also, during the transition time between starting work and moving my family to our new home I was put up in a paid for apartment. The entire process was above and beyond all of my expectations and really started me off on the right foot.

Interview Questions

• The formal interview questions were delivered to me by three people all at once and were very probing into my psychologically and personality while at the same time gauging my personal work ethic and past work experience. It was pretty intense but i could tell that the questions were made to make you question your own answers and really give the best responses possible.   Answer Question

Underground Mine Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Elko, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

Casual yet formal phone interview with a panel of professionals. It lasted about 45 minutes, then switched to HR to get some formalities in terms of next steps etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you experienced any and dealt with any unsafe working environments?   1 Answer