Barrick Gold Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 3, 2017

3.1

Underground Mine Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Elko, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

Casual yet formal phone interview with a panel of professionals. It lasted about 45 minutes, then switched to HR to get some formalities in terms of next steps etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you experienced any and dealt with any unsafe working environments?   Answer Question

Metallugist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Elko, NV) in November 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an HR representative and they inquired if I was interested in a job. After informing them I was, a phone interview was set-up for me with the superintendent of technical services at the mine. The phone interview lasted about an hour. We discussed my previous work history, focus in school, family life and Barrick and Elko in general. About a week after that interview, I was requested to do an on-site tour for which they flew me to Elko. First morning there, I was greeted by the superintendent and a process chief metallurgist. We went to breakfast and there I met several other metallurgists and technical services personnel. I say breakfast but it was more of a panel interview where they all took turns asking me questions about projects I had previously worked on, where I had previously worked and what my responsibilities were and of course, they offered me an opportunity to ask questions of my own about the job details, company and surrounding area. Following breakfast, we drove out to the mine site where I was given a tour of the multiple processes. Again, about a week after my on-site interview, I was called and offered a job! After accepting, the job was mine pending an in depth background check, drug test and physical.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to discuss a project of which I was the leader, the difficulties I faced, how I overcame them and the end all result of the project to include the most valuable thing I learned while working the job.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Reno, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

quick process, moderate questions, very relaxed setting, not very intimidating, it took at least 2 months to get an offer though which was rather slow, called by phone to offer the job, very nice people and recruiters, painless process led to job

Underground Mine Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Elko, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

The whole process took a little over three months from initial phone call from HR to the first day of new hire training. After the phone interview I was scheduled for an actual face to face interview which turned out to be an entire day out at the mine for both a tour of the mine and interaction with potential co-workers. Once offered the position there was a full background check, medical physical, and drug test before I was officially given the job. Also, during the transition time between starting work and moving my family to our new home I was put up in a paid for apartment. The entire process was above and beyond all of my expectations and really started me off on the right foot.

Interview Questions

• The formal interview questions were delivered to me by three people all at once and were very probing into my psychologically and personality while at the same time gauging my personal work ethic and past work experience. It was pretty intense but i could tell that the questions were made to make you question your own answers and really give the best responses possible.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barrick Gold in November 2012.

Interview

They called me with a job offer after reviewing my resume sent in from my department, and I had the weekend to think it over. i did not apply anywhere, they just called me. However, they will generally interview at the career fair and have a QA dinner that night

Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and I was able to interview directly with the Safety and Health manager at the time and he was able to offer me the internship on the spot, instead of waiting months to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a mistake?   1 Answer

Exploration Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Elko, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

long process but worth the wait, it is overall a good company to work for. fill out the application and wait, interview and wait, get hired and wait on training, and things start to roll a little quicker.

GeoTech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elko, NV

Application

The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Elko, NV) in August 2011.

Interview

Not bad .. Seemed to be lack of coordination of goals between peers and manager.

The travel plans were not coordinated well. Worst, was company did not reply to thank you letter, did not acknowledge declining to offer position, or return phone calls.

Mine Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Elko, NV) in August 2011.

Interview

The team started by taking me out to breakfast and asking me questions. We all drove out to site together and they took me through all the various things they did during the day. This included core logging and high wall mapping. As we did that they asked questions and it was a very relaxed environment. This was a good process that allowed them to get a feel for how i would be doing those various tasks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this role? What was is your most valuable skill set? What did you like about your last job? What did you dislike about your last job? How comfortable are you using the necessary equipment in the open pit? At breakfast the typical interview questions came up but as the day progressed the more task detailed ones came up.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Barrick Gold (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2011.

Interview

Initial interview was landed at a convention through a recruiter. 2nd interview Barrick flew myself, and my family, out to the site. 2nd interview was much more technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple