Barry Callebaut Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Barry Callebaut

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barry Callebaut (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone Call somewhat formal asked many questions about experiences and education and how it would fit in with culture. Was asked to come interview in person where similar practices took place.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pennsauken, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barry Callebaut (Pennsauken, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency who misrepresented themselves as the actual company. After a phone interview and then an onsite interview where an offer was discussed, I was informed I would be on a temp agency payroll for 6 months.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was able to work a flexible schedule.   1 Answer

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barry Callebaut.

Interview

HR Rep did most of the talking, and was not familiar with the maintenance required to relate my skills to the position

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eddystone, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barry Callebaut (Eddystone, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

The Staffing Agency gave me a call. An set a date for interview with the Plant Manager an HR person.

Interview Questions

• There really was no hard questions due to the high turnover of employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have a open mind that you are there to get a new start if you have been out of work for sometime.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barry Callebaut.

Interview

It was a great interview. The ladies I met where honest and easy to talk to. Met with Director and Manager the first day and then the team lead the very next day and received a call from my recruiter that they would like me to start Monday.

Interview Questions

• Explain a hard time with customer and how was it resolved.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barry Callebaut (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

3 rounds total: First round with divisional President, Peers and HR. First at location (East Coast) - Last round: panel in Chicago. 4 in panel - all leadership team members. Friendly environment. 1 hour total per round.

Interview Questions

• Experience - focused on resume & last 2 experiences. Passion - test if you like the industry - food industry in general. Finally: Values: fit in team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fast: offer: 1 time back - accepted the offer. Got letter back within 3 days.

Director R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eddystone, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Barry Callebaut (Eddystone, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

2 Rounds of interviews in person, 1 phone interview, various recruiter interviews and conversations. The interviews were all done in a very professional matter, and all questions were vey applicable to the position I was interviewing for. It gave me a good view of the job, challenges and opportunities, and the business environment.

Quality Assurance Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barry Callebaut in February 2015.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and have a casual conversation with them. I then got a tour of the different labs and met some of the technicians. It took about 1.5 hours for the interview process. After touring the labs, I went back for follow-up questions with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths? What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Process Improvement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barry Callebaut (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone, in person with management team to meet everyone I would be working with and see how the culture fit my personality and if I would like the role. Took me on a tour of the plant which is multiple buildings, with some hot rooms, and some dirty rooms.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, what I knew about the company, what I knew about the industry   Answer Question

Pricing Supervisor Interview

Interview

went well, friendly interviewer, questions in regards to my experience and education. Did 2 interviews total. Was offered a position by the end of the week, and I gladly accepted, and enjoyed my time with the company.