Barry-Wehmiller Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barry-Wehmiller Project Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Barry-Wehmiller

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Portland, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

After almost three months of back and forth, they called me in for an interview. The HR rep had no clue of how to use the Outlook calendar; he missed multiple phone appointments he had with me. Emails and communications with him involved bad grammar, bad spelling which gave me a bad impression of the company. The interview date finally arrived. It was Long, boring and overkill. The interview involved multiple engineers coming in and out of the conference room asking me pretty much the same thing over and over. I was there from 8 am to 12 pm. They said that their impression was positive and that they wanted to hire me, They were going to run a background check and degree verification., but it didnt get to that. I called to follow up on how the process was going , just to learn that the position was "closed". Who knows what happened and honestly, dont care. Good thing I didnt leave my perfectly good job for this big unknown of a company.

Interview Questions

• Typical boiler plate questions while going over my resume. Easy interview   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Barry-Wehmiller

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I was interview on a phone with the recruiter after one week. I was then scheduled to have interview with the Hiring Manager on a Phone. The overall interview went.

Interview Questions

• Describe your major accomplishment inn your professional career   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone screens, one face-to-face and a lot of waiting. I sent a resume in November, did the first phone screen in December and a face-to-face in January.

I got the impression they wanted to hire people who could bring in business right away. You know somebody who worked with P&G last year and can make a call to do work for them. The office was nearly empty. Every engineer I met said they were working for companies they'd work for in the past. There were maybe 5 engineers in a billet for 20.

Once I had a face-to-face nothing happened until March when, after several calls, they said they were not interested: "We're pursuing other candidates at this time."

Bottom line: unless you can land a contract that they can take over you won't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any contacts with So-and-So?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller.

Interview

I met with a recruiter and two project managers for the position. The recruiter explained the job as well as the culture of the company. He was upfront with the cons of the company, which I am glad he was not beating around the bush and was honest. The project manager we also honest and asked about my background as well as describing an average day as a project engineer. Overall, it was a good interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a lot of discussion about the culture. They asked about my current job, what I liked and disliked. They told me that the company is growing and that there would still be work in lean times. They also said that the different locations work rather independently. Office was a very casual environment.

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Clayton, MO).

Interview

Pretty straightforward: phone interview followed by interview in their office. I was interviewed by the department manager and two of his underlings.

Interview Questions

• They ask you what you want to make instead of telling you what the job pays. They're hoping your number is lower than what they're willing to offer, thus saving them money.   1 Answer