Bass Pro Shops Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bass Pro Shops Customer Service Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

After having they had to reschedule interview. After finally having finish I go back for the second interview upon arriving for the interview they told me they were on a freeze hire. Instead of calling me the decided to wait til I go there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bass Pro Shops

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

came in sat down, was asked basic by the book questions, was told I was tired, went and did a drug test. The managers were very nice. There were a lot of people being interviewed that day.

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Hanover, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

First you meet with the manager of the department you would be working in. They will ask you questions relative to the position you applied for to determine your knowledge and capabilities. Then your availability and salary would be discussed. You have to take a personality test also.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience working with money and cash register before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Springfield, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

I went to the Bass Pro Shops headquarters and filled out an application in person at their employment center. The receptionist was very polite and professional. The Bass Pro Shops website was relatively vague in describing the positions available, so I decided to keep an open mind and consider any positions that might sound like a fit for me. I was asked to wait for an immediate "brief interview" and a woman called me back within about 10 minutes. She took me down a long hallway to a dark, dusty small office without any windows. She asked me a few very typical interview questions; that part of the interview was fine. She asked me twice if I was in school, which I am a BA graduate and not currently pursuing my master's degree. I got the feeling that she thought I was younger than my age (early 30's). When she described a few positions available (such as customer service, store support, cashier, and call center) she also gave the wage to start and it was all around minimum wage. I told her the wage was lower than I expected and I did not think that would work. She then started to talk about a graphic design position that paid $9 per hour, and for which I would probably not be qualified. I cut the interview short but she gave me information about a call center position with training class beginning soon.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently in school? Did you put all of your school hours on your application?   1 Answer

Pay offered was not in line with my experience, abilities, and expectations.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

After filling out the online application I was contacted for a one on one interview with the department manager for the department I applied for. The interview questions were very similar to the ones on the application. We covered previous work experience and scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you were required to handle a difficult customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They based the pay off of what I made at my previous job. There was no negotiation.