Bass Pro Shops Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bass Pro Shops Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Portage, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Portage, IN).

Interview

Applied online.
Human resources called me to set up interview time.
Interviewed with Hiring manager one on one.
I placed a up phone call a week later, per saying I would get a call within a week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bass Pro Shops

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in October 2015.

Interview

pretty basic interview process. they ask you questions about pass employment. just trying to see if you are a fit for the company or culture. I had 4 interviews. one with the manager i was going to be working for, one with the operations manager, one with HR, and one with the GM

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a difficult life decision   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in June 2015.

Interview

Applied at a job fair. Interview at the fair was a quick screening interview. Easy questions. Nothing that hasn't already been posted on glass door. If you pass that then a follow-up interview was scheduled about a week later. That interview was with the hiring manager. Repeated many questions from the screening interview with more in-depth discussions on the responses and a few additional questions. Again, all questions asked were covered in earlier posts. Once past that, got a call back to complete the personality questionnaire, background check authorization and schedule the drug screening. Next and final call was to schedule the first day of work. Just be open and honest and if it is a good fit it will happen.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All questions have been posted previously.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Bolingbrook, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call about 10 days after I applied online. In-person interview was very informal and conversational. Interviewed at the next level on the spot; was offered the job after drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be a good fit for your department?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was standard. The hiring managers seemed very positive. During the interview, I was asked a series of questions on how my skill set would benefit the company. At the end of the interview, they asked how much my current rate is and if I had any questions for them.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very smooth interview process and they were very friendly and made me feel welcome about working with them. Explained all the company policies and did not hide anything.

Interview Questions

• Trying to set the amount of hours or commitment you can give them since retail demands a lot of weekend and holiday hours   1 Answer

Negotiation

no comment since I do not remember

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online and was called to set up an interview two days after. After the interview I also attended my orientation the same day which was not convenient at all because I was not told about it. I was hired at $8.00 an hour I was told because I had not retail experience. I know plenty of other employees though who have had a lot of retail experience but still started out at $8.00 an hour. My first week was rough training is conducted very poorly for the most part I was teaching myself.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really asked any real difficult questions. For the most part they just ask how much experience you have in all the different departments and why you would be a good fit for Bass pro.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Kansas City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

Short and brief, maybe lasted an hour
    My work experience
    What else was I doing, like school, major, internships, etc.
    What my schedule was like
    Met with my direct supervisor, and the person above that individual.
    Applied at store, and 2 weeks later had the interview at the store with my bosses

Interview Questions

• How to handle a hostile customer   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in August 2013.

Interview

ok low pay

Interview Questions

• how to deal with problem customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Montgomery, AL) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called about a week later for an interview. HR (Patty) is super nice. I interviewed with her and then the manager over my department. I was offered the job on the spot at my second interview. We had (paid) group orientation from 8am-5pm. It seems like a great company so far.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better candidate than the other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered $8 an hour with no negotiation necessary.