Bassett Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bassett Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Arlington, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied to a position I saw on their website. Was called the following morning and called for an interview in store. The interview in store was very casual, conducted perched on a sofa. Everyone seemed very friendly. Was told to go home and take a "personality test". The test was part SAT type verbal/math questions and part personality quiz.
    I had been told that I would be contacted 1 week after the interview. I didn't hear back for 2 weeks and called the store. I was told that I had "failed" the test.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The phone and physical Interview went by very quickly, and I had a great time speaking with the store manager and district manager. They were open and honest about the store's goal's and production levels. They both talked a lot about the kind of candidate they were looking for and the atmosphere at Bassett, but did not ask me many questions directly. The online assessment was longer and more complicated than anticipated based on what I was told by the Store Manager, but it was not difficult to complete. The assessment included college entry level algebra and English comprehension. Toward the end I also went into the store and completed a Design Challenge, I was given roughly an hour and a half, and I selected a rug, fabrics for a chair, two pillows, and a couch based on a piece of artwork hanging on display. FUN!

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Raleigh, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

I was recruited from a different furniture store. I am also a full time interior design student. The training was intense and it takes a couple months to get a commission check. I interviewed with multiple people and had to wait 2-3 weeks before starting at Bassett. I had to wait for drug and background check to process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Birmingham, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview went very well. I was interviewed by the district manager as well as the store manager and they were very nice and easy to talk with. However, I found it rude that they did not try to communicate with me, at all, on whether I got the job or not even though I made attempts to contact them.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions out of the ordinary, but I was asked to take an assessment when I got home. The questions made me feel like I was taking a test for school. I don't feel that the depth of the questions were necessary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Manager interviewed me over the phone. She was looking for "deal breakers" from the starts. They are looking for salesmen they can train to be design consultants, not the other way around. Sorry fellow starving artists.

Design Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Very thorough. Store Manager and Regional Manager. One hour with store manager. Given lots of paperwork and job information. Later sent some tests to take online. Drug test required. Then several weeks later, another personal interview with regional manager. Several weeks of product training after job acceptance.

Interview Questions

• To roleplay a hypothetical customer. A man in a hurry who knows exactly what he wants.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online in response to a job posting. Went into the store and introduced myself and got an interview. Applied online in response to a job posting. Went into the store and introduced myself and got an interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing as a manager in my former job?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Greensboro, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy! I dressed professional, skirt, cute top and blazer, and heels. the interviewer asked why I was interested in Bassett, my prior experience, how I work in a team, and my availability. The interviewer was very friendly over the phone, and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. It definitely helps to have experiences to talk about.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Design Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture.

Interview

I applied and an interview was set up with the store manager and design lead. We covered a lot and they asked me to pull together a small design project. After that round I met with the district manager and he was tough but I got the job. I went through two weeks of training and later a design certification process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is none as you are commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Kennesaw, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

I sent my resume to the hiring manager and was called promptly within a few hours. it was the end of June and I was told that the general manager was going out of town and would be back in town and able to interview me on the 8th of July. I went in she was very friendly and nice and she interviewed me like the other person in the middle is the store with clients and customers walking by. After the interview I was informed that a man named Anthony, the district manager, would contact me an interview me. I was also told that the assessment that I did online would be sent to Anthony. I was told that the assessment was a profile invitation so when I went to started I thought I was just filling out some information about myself. The profile invitation was not just a profile it was a 6 section 4 hour test. The first 3 sections consisted of a full in depth psychological profile. Questions that asked things like are you the life of the party? Do you follow the rules? Do you sometimes break the rules? Do you sometimes like to be alone? Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed by life? As a master's level psychotherapist I find that this type of testing is a lot for a design position. I am trained to give these tests. These tests are meant to confuse, they asked the same question 5 different ways.The next part of the profile invitation also known as assessment from hell was a full on math test that included algebraic equations that I had not seen in 20 years. The fifth part of the profile invitation was more math but it was problem solving with patterns of numbers and questions like; "if a train left New York going to LA travelling at a speed of ...." the last part of the profile assessment was blank is to blank as blank is to blank. I never heard from Anthony. I called the manager that interviewed me and asked her if I could get a copy of my assessment because it looked like Anthony was not going to contact me. I did not get a response from her. Today, 9 days later, I received a general cut and paste email coming from her stating that they had many applications and they found other people that were more qualified. That joke of a profile invitation, again the assessment from hell, that lasted 4 hours...was harder and more brain racking than many of the Graduate tests I took in graduate school while I was there for 3 years. I'm not sure if I can ask the question here but if somebody reads this review can somebody please text and answer to this, are we allowed to see our assessment by law are we allowed to have the scores by law? I personally feel that my time was wasted interviewing for Bassett Furniture. I was made to wait over a week for an interview. I had to take an assessment that lasted over 4 hours and it was called a profile invitation and then I wasn't given a courtesy call by the district manager Anthony nor any other follow up message from my emails and then I was given a general cut and paste thanks but no thanks. I am NOT impressed with that company, with their ethics or with their testing policies. I want my test scores!!!

Interview Questions

• None of the personal interview questions were difficult they were all expected. What are 3 things you like about youself? 3 things you don't like about yourself?why Bassett Furniture? Are you ok working most holidays, retail hours, nighttime? okay great well Anthony the district manager I will be in touch with you. I find it rude that Anthony could not even make a phone call. I also feel that I was very miss lead with regards to that testing. I was told to fill out a profile imitation about myself and then 4 hours later I was completing another SAT??? Do all that interview for the Design Consultant position have to complete this assessment?   Answer Question