Bassett Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

awful worse interview experience ever, honestly where the "upper management" i spoke with was awful, non professional and came across as rude and condescending. I would rather rake my own face across hot coals than i would ever wanting to deal with this "person" again. I use "person" lightly as i would really describe this "person" as inhuman as possible.

Interview Questions

• they asked me awful questions about my life and very personal quesitons   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Professional, interactive, informative. Process started with phone screening, followed with two on site interviews. Manager very informational. Was not expecting the length of the process with the personality review. Some sections were challanging.

Design/Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by phone initially, to set up a time for a phone interview. Following the phone interview, we set up a time for an interview in person, which was interesting and conversational.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a new customer who doesn't know what they want?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Irvine, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Met with hiring manager and had a comfortable conversation, then was given form to do an online exam to do from home. Emailed several times inquiring status after my exam with no reply, called to find out manager was on lengthy vacation and upon returning was out of the office working elsewhere. Finally two months later reached the manager who told me she was now going to focus on hiring process and that I was not a no at this point. I asked if she would let me know one way or another which she replied she definitely would. I have not heard anything and it's been 3 months and I heard they have not hired anyone. Please don't interview if you are not ready to hire and then not reply when applicants show interest. It's extremely rude. Employers post they want skilled communication form future employees. Please offer the same in return.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Arlington, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied to a position I saw on their website. Was called the following morning and called for an interview in store. The interview in store was very casual, conducted perched on a sofa. Everyone seemed very friendly. Was told to go home and take a "personality test". The test was part SAT type verbal/math questions and part personality quiz.
    I had been told that I would be contacted 1 week after the interview. I didn't hear back for 2 weeks and called the store. I was told that I had "failed" the test.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The phone and physical Interview went by very quickly, and I had a great time speaking with the store manager and district manager. They were open and honest about the store's goal's and production levels. They both talked a lot about the kind of candidate they were looking for and the atmosphere at Bassett, but did not ask me many questions directly. The online assessment was longer and more complicated than anticipated based on what I was told by the Store Manager, but it was not difficult to complete. The assessment included college entry level algebra and English comprehension. Toward the end I also went into the store and completed a Design Challenge, I was given roughly an hour and a half, and I selected a rug, fabrics for a chair, two pillows, and a couch based on a piece of artwork hanging on display. FUN!

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Raleigh, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

I was recruited from a different furniture store. I am also a full time interior design student. The training was intense and it takes a couple months to get a commission check. I interviewed with multiple people and had to wait 2-3 weeks before starting at Bassett. I had to wait for drug and background check to process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Birmingham, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview went very well. I was interviewed by the district manager as well as the store manager and they were very nice and easy to talk with. However, I found it rude that they did not try to communicate with me, at all, on whether I got the job or not even though I made attempts to contact them.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any questions out of the ordinary, but I was asked to take an assessment when I got home. The questions made me feel like I was taking a test for school. I don't feel that the depth of the questions were necessary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Manager interviewed me over the phone. She was looking for "deal breakers" from the starts. They are looking for salesmen they can train to be design consultants, not the other way around. Sorry fellow starving artists.

Design Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bassett Furniture (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Very thorough. Store Manager and Regional Manager. One hour with store manager. Given lots of paperwork and job information. Later sent some tests to take online. Drug test required. Then several weeks later, another personal interview with regional manager. Several weeks of product training after job acceptance.

Interview Questions

• To roleplay a hypothetical customer. A man in a hurry who knows exactly what he wants.   1 Answer