Bath & Body Works Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Bath & Body Works

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

Two weeks of CSL on baording

Interview Questions

• What would you do if its your segment and you are short on staff and a candle breaks and there is a long line at the cash wrap.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Anonymous Employee in Huber Heights, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Huber Heights, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very basic questions about customer service and the common questions about how you would coach in the moment, and how you handle certain situations. She was very nice and listened to everything you were saying. She never interrupted me in my answers.I did not feel awkward at all.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you coached an employee and it worked out for the better?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

There were about 3 interviews with District Managers and Store Managers. The whole process took about a month or so. It would take at least a week or two before you hear back from the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you developed another member of your team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bluefield, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Bluefield, WV) in February 2011.

Interview

Standard Interview asked questions asked to demo items and present a dale to the manager. It was a straight forward interview with the situation type questions like if this happens how would you handle it. How would you deal with this type of employee or customer. There was nothing out of the ordinary in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• to do a demo on them for product use   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Whitehall, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Whitehall, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Two part interview. First in person with store manager and second phone interview with district manager. Need to have sales experience. Interview consisted of detailed customer service questions along with personality traits uncovered. Knowledge and love of brand was also accessed. A structured interview guide is utilized to screen for top performering employees. Must be enthusiastic, customer service focused and driven. Phone interview was short and to the point. Checked past customer base and sales results.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Seattle, WA).

Interview

They had me interview with 2 Store Managers and the District Manager. Had to drive to different stores, some pretty far away. Every manager had her own interview style, so it is kind of hard to give a good description. The primary focus, though, is on sales and coaching the team.

Interview Questions

• They always ask about goals and sales experience. They look for SMART answers (look up this method if you're not familiar!)   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

First interview with the store manager went extremely well. Moved onto the second interview with the district manager which also went extremely well - even discussed taking on my own store in 12-18 months and my feelings on relocation (which I was very open to). Discussed my work history, education, current interests, and goals with each of them. Overall a very pleasant interview process. I was told I'd be hearing from them within 1 week. After 10 days and after all the positivity and great interviews, I received a generic rejection email with no further details as to why I was not selected. As a person purposefully seeking a different job than the one I currently have, a little explanation as to why I was not picked would've been nice. Everything was falling into place with them and I was really excited only to be let down hard. I guess I'll just stay with my current company for now.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep your sales team motivated and driven to make the sale with every customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process went by very quickly ! The application online was very simple and easy to navigate ! I applied and had my interview the same day ! The interview took about an hour I met with an assistant manger as well as an keyholder as well! They were very detailed oriented! My overall experience was great! Im looking forward to being apart of their team!

Interview Questions

• They asked of course about my management experience as well as how I am with meeting goals and how comfortable I am opening and closing the store .   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the store manager to schedule a phone interview. I patiently waited for an hour past the time we had arranged, but received nothing. Very unprofessional. If that is how store managment operates I am glad not to be on the team.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call within 2-3 days from the training manager to set up an interview later that week. DM was on vacation, but interview process was fast and easy. First with the pre-screening store manager, then with the store manager of the store you will be working at. I think my experience was a lot different given my substantial retail background, and taking the position is a step down from my current one. Didn't have to negotiate salary, they paid me over what my minimum was and I immediately accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product we sell?   Answer Question
    • What is your management style? How are you with developing and training staff/how business minded are you?   Answer Question