Bath & Body Works Holiday Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works Holiday Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Bath & Body Works

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Knoxville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

I was brought in for a group interview consisting of the store sales manager (SSM) and nine other applicants. She asked us questions, round-robin style, for about half an hour, then took us on a tour of the store, where we picked out our favorite scents and provided her with a product demonstration. I found out later that 64 people were hired out of an applicant pool of about 350.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bath and Body Works?   1 Answer
  • Have you ever worked retail at Christmas?   1 Answer
  • What is your favorite BBW scent?   1 Answer
  • Can you demo your favorite scent for me?   1 Answer
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was coming from a management position at another company and although it was a temporary holiday position, asked to maintain my manager pay. The initial offer was 10% more than what I had asked for, so I accepted it without much negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in September 2018.

Interview

I got there a little early & walked around the store for a few minutes. Then the manager came out & got together a few other people also applying for the job. We went out to the food court & talked for a minute. Then the manager started asking questions & we took turns answering the questions asked. Overall the interview was not hard. It being a group interview made it easier & more relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at bath & body works?   Answer Question
    • What is a challenge you have overcome when working with people in your previous retail position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Mission Viejo, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and called to confirm that it went through I was asked to come into a group interview and was asked questions. I was nervous at the time since it was my first interview ever and had no experience with selling but just stay confident and smile.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Bath and Body works scent?   1 Answer

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2010.

Interview

I downloaded the application online, then took it into the store, where they asked me why I was interested in working there and then signed me up for a group interview for 2 days later. There were 5 of us in the interview - and it took an hour. But the problem was that we didn't speak much, most of that time was taken with the manager explaining the work in the store to us. So the most important aspect of the interview seemed to be first impressions and how you answered the one question they asked (there were actually two, but only 1 of the 5 got to answer the 2nd question before the interviewer got off track), and then we had a role playing situation where you were the salesperson and showed how you would give great customer service. They told us to show our interest by having one of our references call them by the next day. So be prepared to ask a reference to call for you, and make sure they will say good things about you (I think I was offered the job based off what my reference said).

Interview Questions

• Which product did you choose from the store? Why? Why do you want to work at Bath and Body Works?   Answer Question
    • Describe your best customer service experience. Describe your worst.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I applied in person to B&BW on a Friday and the sales associate I gave my application to (included my resume) said that they might start hiring in a couple of weeks. Contrary to what she said, I received a call the next day to schedule an interview for the following Monday. I was informed that the interview would be a group interview. I was a little nervous because I've never had a group interview before. I arrived to the interview 20 minutes early and was told by a sales associate that they weren't quite ready and to browse around the store until they were. Once the manager was ready she took us (group of 8) to the food court and we all sat down.
    She introduced herself and called roll. Then she wanted to make sure that all of us were comfortable with working the week of Thanksgiving, the week of Christmas, and the week after Christmas (because they're primarily hiring for seasonal). One girl said that she couldn't and then the interviewer told her "Oh, well thank you for your time, but we are only interviewing people with that availability, sorry for the mix up." and then the girl left. I was kind of shocked and felt sorry for that poor girl, but like I said she got up and left. Then the interviewer told all of us that until the holiday sales picked up that we would probably only get 3hrs a week. Everyone said that was fine (even though no one can survive on 3hrs a week). Anyways, the interview process started and everyone had to introduce themselves. The interviewer just sat there and wanted whoever wanted to speak first, go first. So when no one spoke up, I spoke first. That's KEY! Make sure you're the first one to speak and then that way, everyone else can only repeat what you've already said! She asked about 8-10 questions in all and the only reason it took about an hour is because everyone had to answer. At the end she said that she had to check all of our references before offering us a job and that it could take a couple of weeks and then she thanked us for our time.

Interview Questions

• Why to you want to work for B&BW?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between sales and customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a positive shopping experience and how it made you feel.   Answer Question
    • What would you say was a rewarding experience for you at your last job?   Answer Question
    • Describe what you liked and what you didn't like about your last job.   Answer Question

Holiday Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in November 2010.

Interview

I walked into the store and saw that they were hiring for the holidays, so i came back with a resume and the manager asked if i wanted to come in for a group interview a few days later. So i said sure, and came in for the group interview. I got there 10 minutes early, so one of the sales associates told me to browse around the store. When the manager called all of us over, there were about 8 other people who were going to be interviewed. We all were taken to the back room where we sat on chairs in a very small and crowded space. The manager, and one other manager explained to us what was going to happen in this group interview, and what they were primarily looking for. The manager explained that she would ask open questions, and if we want to answer we can. Then, she got us to introduce ourselves one by one, say our names and something about us. Then she started with the open questions. The first question i got so nervous i blanked and couldnt respond. Then i answered the second question first, and the interview became less nerve-wracking as it went on. Finally the last thing she had us do was tell her how we would sell the mini hand sanitizers to a custumer. It was very simple, you just had to explain that you would ask them if they had tried it yet, and tell them about the promotion (it was 1 for 2$ or 3 for 5$) and add in some pros about the product (there is a huge variety of scents, theyre great to put in your bag, great for gifts, and good to prevent colds during cold and flu season). She then thanked us and told us that if we didnt hear from her in the next 24 hours, they had chosen otherwise. It was a very casual interview, it got easier along the way as everyone started to become more comfortable answering the questions. I havent recieved a call yet, though it hasnt been 24 hours, but i'm glad that I went to the interview anyways, as I had never been to a group interview before and it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between sales and customer service?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at bath and body works?   Answer Question
    • What is something positive that you got out of your last job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you have had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question