Bath & Body Works Co-Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works Co-Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Bath & Body Works

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Never had a face to face. Was hired over the phone. Recruiter called me, and offered me the position, mailed me all the paperwork and set up training. It was odd because they never wanted to meet me in person to speak with anyone local, but I was fine with that.

Negotiation

Made an offer and I accepted. NO negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Miami, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

I filled out an online employment application. I wasn't contacted for several months (4 or 5 months). I was contacted by a store manager to set up a time for the first interview. After meeting with a store manager I was set up with a second interview with another store manager. The second interview went well. I was called later on in the week and was offered a position. I was told that I was going to be contacted about a start time and date... That never happened. I reached out to the store and spoke to a Co Manager and was set up with a time and date to start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The manager that made me an offer asked me what I was looking for (pay rate). He was able to meet that and went a little above what I was expecting.

Co Manager Interview

Interview

Interview with recruiter over the phone. Interviewed in person with DM. Very casual interview.

Co Manager Interview

Interview

I have had numerous interviews within this organization for different roles and management oppurtunities... All have been positive and I walked away feeling great about my answers and the questions from the interviewer. The professionalism and time period from the interview was approperiate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate. I was offered exactly what I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Reno, NV) in April 2011.

Interview

The process changes. If you know someone and can get your foot in the door, you may not have to do much. If you do have an interview for this position, it may have to go through various channels such as Store Managers, District Managers, and Regional Managers. They ask questions that you think you can answer well but are always looking for underlying clues about how you handle situations. Have a "leadership" mindset and real life situations to use as examples.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to grow your business by 10%   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have worked for a different store in this company and know the pay rates. I asked for an amount just under the cap (due to my experience) and received it.

Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Hicksville, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

District manager explained job, salary, bonuses, culture, brand. Asked me what I expected from the job. We talked about legendary customer service. Went over the different products and brand that the Limited started with. Why they have only 2 brands currently.

Interview Questions

• What is my ideal customer experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Alexandria, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

I went into the store location I applied at and interviewed with the General Manager. The interview lasted over an hour but that's because it was going very well. After that I did a phone interview with a General Manager from a larger store. That one lasted about 15 minutes and she was very nice and I could tell it went well. These two interviews were only a couple days apart. The next interview was a phone interview with the District Manager. This one last about 30 minutes. This one went well too. This interview took place about a week after the 1st 2 interviews. After interviewing with the DM I received a call from the GM that I was being extended an offer for employment and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Which volume stores have I worked for in the past.
      How do I feel about selling to vs just servicing the customers.
      What am I looking for from Bath and Body Works.
      Why Bath & Body Works.   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process is fairly laid back. In management, you must interview with the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Asks you to sell a product on the spot (i.e a pen). They are not really looking for you to know much about the pen, however, they are expecting you to be able to sell on the aspects of the pen you do know about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is based on geographical location, store size, ect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Birmingham, AL) in August 2013.

Interview

I had an initial interview with both DMs, which was followed up by a 1-1 interview with one of the store managers. After this interview, I had another interview with 2 more women who stated that he DMs felt that I had more questions about "work-life" balance since I have 3 kids and a husband; I didn't have any questions and I believe this was based on the fact that they had concerns over my dedication to the job. I had already told them that my husband could help and was willing to be a part of my "contingency" plan should something go wrong while I'm at work. One of the DMs told me I was a strong candidate after all, I am current a GM with a Master's in education, and I have previous retail experience. After my last 3 hour interview with the 2 other managers who spoke to me as if I had the job, I got a call from a DM saying that they filled the positions with 2 other external candidates who she thought had skills that directly transferred to the position. I interviewed with 5 people, turned down other interviews to attend this interview, and spent lots of money on gas to attend these interviews just to be offered a part time sales associate position so I could "get my foot in the door and learn about the company."

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard...Tell me about a time you had to deal with a conflict, describe your leadership style, how do you develop talent.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (The Woodlands, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

A friend of mine was actually recently hired there as a sales lead. She said they were interviewing for co-managers and I had a strong history of management experience, so I applied. I interviewed with the store manager first. The interview with her was really easy and last about half an hour. She was really nice and upbeat. I got a call back the same day telling me that I would be scheduled for an interview with the DM the following day. The DM has injured her ankles, so it had to be a phone interview.

The interview with the DM was quite challenging. It lasted almost an hour a half. There were a lot of questions about my previous management experience, what I did on a daily basis, how that can relate to BBW. I come from a smaller company with smaller stores. She questioned my ability to manage 30+ employees at once and 300 transactions per hour. I really had to explain how I was up for the challenge and willing to learn. She made me describe my coaching skills in great detail and how I've helped other get promoted, etc.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to BBW?   1 Answer
    • What's one of the biggest mistakes you've ever made? How Have you helped an employee be promoted?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate. I was actually offered more than what I had originally asked for.