Bath & Body Works Key Holder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works Key Holder Interview Questions

Interviews at Bath & Body Works

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Marietta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a position a few months back and it was such a terrible experience I haven't shopped at BBW since. I declined the position however almost THREE months later they sent me an email telling me they were pursuing other candidates.

I went into the interview 15 minutes early. An associate greeted me and she said that she would tell the hiring manager I was there. She walked over to the hiring manager and told her I was here. The hiring manager replied "the interview is at 2! Not 1:45 tell her to look around and I'll come get her when I'm ready to interview her" in a harsh snarky tone. I took the hint and walked around the store for over thirty minutes. When she finally got to me she had said there were two other applicants interviewing with me and we were waiting on the third to arrive. We started the interview and the hiring manager said it would be like an episode of chopped and we would have three tasks to complete in a time limit and the best candidate would get the job. After the three challenges we were asked questions. (This is where my real issue with the interview comes in)

Another associate walked up and grabbed my shoulder and stated "I can just tell you and I are not going to vibe. So, my question to you is, how would you handle someone not liking you in a professional setting?" (This is the most disrespectful interview I've ever experienced) I was polite and apologized she felt that way. The hiring manager responded "that's the way it is with women working in the same place" and laughed.

Not to sound unprofessional or egotistical I come from years of experience in the hospitality industry and this would've been a pay cut and career change.

They called the next day and offered the position however I declined due to feeling uncomfortable and seeing how unprofessional the staff is. When I declined over the phone the hiring manager cackled and said "so where you gonna work? Good luck finding something better" I disconnected.

This is in Marietta GA

Interview Questions

• I can just tell you and I are not going to vibe, how would you handle not being liked in a professional setting?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Saginaw, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

It was great lots of easy questions the interviewer was nice and friendly she made me feel comfortable she complimented me and about my background which I explained in great detail overall it was a good interviewer

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

It was very relaxed. If you're charismatic and personable then you have no worries. I smiled and spoke how I'd like to be spoken to if I was a customer. Also, ask questions about the position and expectations if you are to get the job. It may seem pressing, but remember these are potentially your next coworkers and superiors.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Lake Success, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Didn't take much time to know me, just handed me the job because the management was in crises. They just pretty much gave me the job. They honestly just hire to fill
    Positions.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Wilmington, DE) in October 2016.

Interview

Sat me down and asked some questions and told me I got the job afterwards. They're really nice and easy going. More than likely will hire you, were always looking for associates. Don't be nervous the more outgoing you are the better they can see you working with customers. Wear nice clothes and be neatly put together

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in August 2017.

Interview

I had a very pleasant interview process. I took just a day or two for the SM to reach out to me after I submitted my application online for an in-person interview, which was scheduled two days afterward. My in-person interview lasted about 45 minutes. Afterward, I had a phone interview with a manager from another store (an hour), and once she passed me on, my final interview was with the regional manager, which was also a phone interview (30 minutes). All three interviews were really relaxed and all of the questions that were asked were important, in regards to the position in which I applied for, many of which were situational questions. It took a week and a half total from submitting my application to receiving a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bath and Body Works?   Answer Question
    • What is a good conversion rate to you and how would you make sure that it's obtainable?   Answer Question
    • How do you go about coaching your team/previous employees (your approach)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Aiken, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Call back interview within 3 Days Started work in less than a week . Interview was rushed didn't really ask me anything important seem like a joke to me & I was offered the job

Interview Questions

• How do you Did with an unsastified customer ?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

Call within 2 days of applying. Hired the next day after interview. The manager was very friendly, seemed to be in need of a key holder quickly so the hiring process is very fast, no less than a week.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the store manager for a face to face interview. The first interview with the store manager went great and felt more like a conversation. Due to my experience, the SM's questions for me were brief, and then we chatted for an hour and a half regarding this particular location, including numbers, the team, and future goals for the store. I left this interview feeling good, and excited about the company.

I had a second interview scheduled with the DM a week later. The DM was sick and could not attend, so I interviewed in person with the assistant manager and another store manager together. I was less impressed during this interview. I felt that the SM of the store viewed all members of management as partners, while the second SM and assistant manager made several remarks that I think they felt were supportive but came across as condescending to me, given my experience. For example, after reading questions from a sheet of paper, I would answer, and they would say "Wow, it's almost like you know exactly what to say! Who gave you the questions before hand?" Well, no one did. I have experience as a store manager and was prepared for the interview, and yet felt like I was viewed as a subordinate, and felt like they didn't expect me to be their equal. I left feeling confused and unsure about the culture of the team.

A third interview with the DM over the phone was scheduled. After some thought and reflection on the second interview, I let the DM know I was no longer interested in pursuing the position. She seemed surprised, and asked me to reconsider. I also received a call from the SM regarding my decision to discontinue interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a team member who is repeatedly not following company policy/procedure?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to coach a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Ruston, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a group interview, which made it extremely awkward. We basically had to say why we thought we were better than each other. They rejected me and then called back and offered me the job later.