Bath & Body Works Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Bath & Body Works

1.9

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in June 2016.

Interview

Went in store and told the person working I was there for an interview; was instructed to wait and just "walk and look around the store", approx. 10-15 minutes later I was directed to a very small, cramped back room with 2 other people, and the interviewing process began.

We were required to roleplay sales person to customer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Introduce yourself, where you're from (or your highschool/college), and tell about your past experience in customer service. What did you LIKE about it? What did you DISLIKE about it?   Answer Question
  • Q: What would you do if a customer wanted to return an already used candle?   Answer Question
  • Q: Tell me about a time you exceeded (went above and beyond) your customers expectations.   Answer Question
  • Q: What is your favorite scent, why do you like it, and why would you recommend it to a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (San Antonio, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. Since it was a new store they were looking for both part time core associates and seasonal. They asked us if we could open our availibilty more than what we put down usually. They usually tell you about the company and expect you to take retail very seriously because it is fast paced and requires a lot out of you.

Interview Questions

• What's a good example of when you went above and beyond for the customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Woodbridge, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Was hired on the spot. Came in, asked for an application, filled it out, gave it back the same day and was interviewed on the spot. Quick interview, was hired because of my availability. The manager interviews you.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work here? What was it that drew me to applying here?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

saw posting online and went and applied in person at the store. Had interview the same day I took my application in. Interview process was easy. Interviewed by the assistant and store manager the same day.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Providence, RI) in April 2012.

Interview

I had previously printed out a job application for BBW off my computer. I filled it out with as much detail as possible and I also included my resume. On my resume I listed my skills and gave a description of those skills. It just makes things so much easier. Anyways, after filling out my application I walked into the store that I wanted to apply for on a Sunday. I handed my application along with my resume to one of the associates and left. One day later (on that Monday) I received a call for the store manager for an interview! The interview was very laid back. Took place in the back room. Asked about why I wanted to work there, what my fav products were, etc. Talked about salaries for part timers, etc. Really easy overall. P.S. that was my first job interview ever. :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Pearland, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied for Sales associate and also GM. Manager called week previous to set up interview. So I had plenty of time to stress. Was General manager and Assistant Manager (I guess it was for learning)

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work weekends and evenings? Especially coming up on the Holidays?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with requirements for meeting sales goals and making every minute count? Give example   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working long hours on your feet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

I had group interview. they went around the room and asked everyone the same questions. It took about 30 minutes. I don't like group interviews because I feel you don't really learn any about the person. A lot of people were just copying what the person before them said. There were some larger people in the interview and at the end of the interview the manager looked at the larger girl and said they work hard at bath and body and you can't just sit around and do nothing. I thought that was really rude.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      What's your availability?
      Why do you want to work for us?
      What position are you applying for?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with 2 other girls. Very easy interview. The interviewer was nice and made it feel comfortable. Asked basic retail questions. The interview was in the food court and in my interview we did not have to a live demo of the products.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between "selling" and "servicing"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Cary, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a different experience, never interviewed as a group. Interviewer was very kind, polite and personable. I hope to partake in other group interviews. If there were other positions open, I'd love to apply.

Part- Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2 days to hear back from them which was on a Friday then I got an interview that was scheduled for Tuesday and I got called back Friday telling me I got the job

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer how did you go about it ?   Answer Question
    • What made you want to work for this company ?   Answer Question
    • What if a customer came in angry what would you do to settle them down but also get their needs fulfilled ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation I was told I would make $12 an hour and I rightfully accepted