Bath & Body Works Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Bath & Body Works

1.9

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

A store supervisor interviewed me and another applicant at the same time. They asked us similar questions and we'd each have to try and answer them differently. They mostly were situational questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question
  • A customer comes in to find one of their favorite scents has been discontinued and are disappointed. How would you help them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

It was very long but very thorough they went over the job it self and the company as well. It was a group setting very relaxed and easy going

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2018.

Interview

It was pretty quick actually. The interviewer was another associate and she had to interview me on the store’s floor because she had to supervise the store (I guess not many people were working). Anyway, she asked two questions and told me about the position and that was it.

Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Paducah, KY) in July 2013.

Interview

Group interview briefly discussing my experience and work ethics. Relaxed setting of explaining expectation of a sales associate and making sure I was able to communicate effectively and keep a friendly face on during interactions with customers.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions about myself, strengths/weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Temecula, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

It is a group interview setting. There are about 10-15 others with you. There was a product demo that you had to participate in. After that they went around the group and went through the interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Fort Collins, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application online after seeing an ad on Indeed. I was contacted the next day by the manager of the store and offered the position. The manager asked me some basic questions about my availability, prior job experience, and asked if I would be interested in taking on more hours during the holidays.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to join our seasonal team in a few months if you enjoy the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Cookeville, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

After you have turned in your application they ask you to come in and do a group interview. You sit in a room with other applicants and watch movie with work scenarios and then are asked how you would personally handle those situations.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Miami, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Group interview, showed collaboration, friendliness, they were great on introducing people to one another and making them feel welcomed. They grow a family situation in the workplace which is great.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone walked up to requesting a fragrance that is discontinued?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (San Antonio, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

You'll go to the back and be asked to tell a little about yourself and to sell an item. I enjoyed the interview because I like talking about myself and I love sales. It's a job but it's not something I would recommend unless you just need extra cash it's not a steady income. I did like the job though.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Baltimore, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied in the store, received a phone call a few days later to schedule an interview. The interview was a group interview of about five candidates. Several questions were asked and I heard back from the Co Manger about a week later. I accepted the position and remained with the company for 3+ years.

Interview Questions

• How would you recommend a product?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate