Bath & Body Works Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Bath & Body Works

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Paducah, KY) in July 2011.

Interview

A group interview with 5-7 other candidates meeting with a manager at once. We were told to go explore the store and return with one of our favorite products we had found.

Interview Questions

• We were each asked to sell the product we had selected off the sales floor to the manager.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Sterling, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

My interview consisted of a group set up with one of the managers, she would ask us questions about why we would be passionate about the business and what our strengths were. Mostly general interview questions.

Interview Questions

• We had to do a fake "demo" featuring one of the products in the store. Not necessarily difficult, just unusual.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Herndon, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Came in the store, got an application, discussed with manager for dates to come back in and had no problem scheduling that. Came in for interview in business casual (maybe overdressed a little compared to everyone else dressed very casual). Just always reflect back to previous work experiences so you can explain how you will perform in this job. If you have no previous work experience use school projects or volunteer positions as examples.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really thrown off by any questions they asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Start small but explain how your work experience and skills could put you at a higher rate. I personally had no problem, manager was pretty reasonable.

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in September 2014.

Interview

Went to the store and asked for an application. Filled it out in like 20 min. and handed it into a manager. He looked it over and asked why I want to work for them. I got a phone call to schedule an interview about a week later. The day of the interview I showed up and wasn't expecting it to be a group interview. I though I would get the job because the people in the group didn't seem to want the job and one of the people showed up about 15 min. late. At the end of it the co manager said she's check our references and get back to us within the next 2 days after net hearing back for a week I called them and they said they were still checking them. Still haven't heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Wausau, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later and scheduled a interview. The interview was just me and the manager, she was really nice. The interview was about 10 minutes and easy. She read off some store policies and asked if I was okay with them.
    After the interview she said she was doing callbacks at 8:00 pm that night (my interview was at 7:00 pm). I got the call back and accepted the job.

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Sterling, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was basically random questions on reactions, passed experiences and role play. It was A group of three girls including myself. The hiring manager sat us in the office and broke the ice as the interview went on. We laughed and got to know each other.

Interview Questions

• What is your reason for applying?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview. Good for anyone who is starting their first job or who has had previous work experience. They ask questions about yourselves and the most important part is showing that you love the products or at least hold previous knowledge of them.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was upset or unsatisfied with her product?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Springfield, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was quick and I got called in for an interview the same week and was offered the job on the spot. I think it really depends on who is interviewing you and what your goals for the position are.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in January 2017.

Interview

I applied 5 days before I got an interview. Walking into it I didn't realize it was going to be group interview between me and 3 other women. They really want someone with previous work experience which both other women had but me.

Interview Questions

• How would you greet someone who just walked into the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Willow Grove, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

My interview was very pleasant. It was a group interview with 5 others. One manager and a long time sales associate were the interviewers. We all sat and answered multiple questions. We then explored the store and set up mock customer and sale associate interactions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer comes in looking for a scent we no longer carry?   1 Answer