Bath & Body Works Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 2 weeks. I applied mid June and 2 days later they called asking if I could come in for an interview the next day. Since I was in school in a different city we rescheduled for the next week. For the interview, it was me and one other girl. First, they had us pick a product from their store and explain why we choose that product. During the interview, when the manager would ask questions the other girl would always answer first and talk over me, and talk for a LONG period of time which meant I had to cut my answers short because the manager could only interview for so long which I found rude but the manager interviewing said nothing. Like one question I said I liked shopping at H&M and the other girl cut me off and said "I don't like shopping there because- blah blah blah". After the interview was over a week later I got an email saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you like to shop and why?   1 Answer
  • What product did you choose and why did you choose it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

I walked into the store with my application and resume to hand in personally. The GM greeted me at the register and asked if I had time to interview right then. I accepted and we walked to the back room where the interview lasted for about 30 minutes. We went over the dress code, store policy, and expectations. I was then asked if I felt comfortable trying to sell my favorite candle out on the sales floor to the GM to see my selling skills. I had my second interview with the assistant manager a few days later. They contacted my references, and I got a call back the very next day. I started a week later from the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with our products?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a favorite product / scent? If so, would you feel confident in selling the product to me on the sales floor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Several bath and body works called me. I had 3 interviews altogether, 1 of which was a group interview. Two asked if I would consider the Keyholder role; I said yes. They said they would call and set up a panel interview over the phone. The group interview was the only one who kept her word and called me very next day to set a time to come in and do paperwork. That was 4 weeks ago. Only did paperwork and a little training that day and have not been back since. I have one day on schedule at the end of this week. SMH

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Describe how you handle a difficult situation at work?
      What is your favorite smell?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Rochester, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

When I went in to get an interview I chatted up the managers before requesting one. We had a good conversation going and once I asked for an application they gave me an initial interview on the spot. Two days later I had a follow up interview which basically involved me walking in and immediately getting hired.

Anonymous Employee in Stow, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Stow, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Was asked to pick out my favorite product and talked about past experiences at previous job. Very professional but also very friendly. Applied for associate but was asked right away about my potential to move up to a manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about the product you picked out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Hampton, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Group Setting Interview. 4-5 people are given scenarios and asked to answer them accordingly. Questions we not difficult. Questions were based on personality and how you would handle situations. It was less stressful than a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a customer that you suspected was stealing?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

Seasonal. Group interview, basic questions about retail sale experience and customer service situations. Very laid back and easy interview. If you have any experience they will hire you. Work schedule is awful and never set shifts.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

A very casual sit down with basic questions of previous work experience. Very basic description of an average work day (which ended up being extremely inaccurate), and then dress code. B&BW loves hiring a ton of employees which will hardly see any store time (unless you're management), so if you make it to the interview- you're in.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in February 2016.

Interview

Turned in my application in person. They looked it over and asked a couple questions based off of that. Went in for my interview with 4 other people. After the interview we were excused but one and told to wait in the store for the manager to talk to us individually. When asked to meet with the manager individually we went over my availability and I was then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time whether it be in a previous job experience or volunteer where you were faced with a problem and were given guidance. Did the advice help and did you take it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

Group interview where they ask you traditional interview questions. "What would you do if....", asked questions about to determine morality and decision making processes. Pretty simple, very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I would do if a family/friend asked me to use my discount for them   1 Answer