Bath & Body Works Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.0

543 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Deer Park, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was done as a group. They brought us to the back and sat us down. They began to ask basic interview questions. The group interview was kind of intimidating. They asked questions regarding previous experiences in retail and things of that sort. They also asked and informed us about how the company works.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

They interviewed in a group setting. I found it to be a very comfortable and relaxed setting. Questions were easy and were asked to each interviewee one at a time. Setting was in stock room to be away from busy store floor and other workers.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

I was in a group interview with another lady. Really laid back. Asst. Manager asked a couple of questions. We also had to sell our favorite scent to the asst manager. Overall great experience

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

You have to complete an application and be sure to submit on time to not wait until holiday season to apply to better chances of being considered. Interviews normally take place in October and they are group interviews with Store Manger.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

Applied in store. Quite a few months went by before I was called for an interview by store manager. Casual interview process was asked questions about previous experience and comfort level in selling products. Offered job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• how would I find out what customer was shopping for. what kind of questions to ask   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of pay

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Dropped off my application at the store and received a call back from a manager about a week after. They conducted the interview with a group, there were at least 8 other applicants there, with only a couple dressed professionally. They asked us about our strengths and weaknesses and which of the scents from BBW were our favorites and why.

Interview Questions

• If there was a moment when I recall providing excellent customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Asked about how I was going to sell something and also did a demo with another employee on a scenario of a client who is not really interested. It was difficult but you have to keep continuing to talk to the person even if they are annoyed.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2016.

Interview

It was really short and sweet. We had to choose a favorite product and pitch it to the manager. I had worked for the company before so I already had a product in mind. I would just be sure to know a little about the products beforehand so you can sell them. She also asked basic retail questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in retail?
      How would you sale this item to a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Milpitas, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

After I submitted my application, I received a call within a matter of days to come in for an interview. After I completed the interview, I received a call within ten minutes offering me the job as a key holder.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2016.

Interview

Instead of having the interview in a breakroom or back room, she pulled me into an awkward corner of the store. She was condescending, arrogant, and didn't listen to anything I had say. She talked me down into a lower postion that I was overqualified for (however, I needed the money).