Bath & Body Works Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Bath & Body Works

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Rockaway, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The manager was working the cashier as she gave me my interview. The interview lasted five minutes or less. She asked a few questions about my past experience and my availability.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Gresham, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview, we had the store manager ask us questions regarding our past experience. They also asked how we would deal with particular situations in terms of sales. It made the interview feel more competitive because we were each answering the same questions consecutively. However, the interviewer was polite and professional, not giving immediate reactions to any of our responses to the questions. Overall it was a good process.

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Tukwila, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, they ask you your availability and capabilities. They aren't looking for someone with a large skillset, rather just someone who is there for certain on-call shifts and someone who is good under pressure and talking to various customers.

Interview Questions

• A customer wants to use old expired coupons for a purchase. What do you say?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very fast, organized and easy! In total, it took about a week or week and a half from the time I submit my application, had my interview and was hired on. I was really happy about this because I needed to hear back quickly. It was a group interview with 5 other girls and the store manager which made me feel more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite product in the store and why? What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of me and one other girl being interviewed by the store's manager. She asked us our favorite scents, what we would do in certain situations, how we would make sales, ect.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works.

Interview

It was fast I applied online then received a group interview. The interview was with about 4 other people and lasted 10 minutes. Come looking putvtogether and take initiative when the manger asks questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for bww?
      When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2016.

Interview

Extremely short, no real questions asked, oh and the manager quit after she hired everyone. So we basically walked in got three hours of training and then were expected to be thrown to the wolves on Black Friday.

Interview Questions

• So are you available Black Friday?   1 Answer

I walked in and was expected to work under ridiculous conditions with refusal of tax forms, no training, and they wanted me to sign off on certifications they had never told me about let alone trained me in.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in November 2016.

Interview

I applied about a week prior to getting the callback for a group interview. We were interviewed in the storage/stock room and it was very casual. The interviewer was very friendly and informative about the position we were applying for. A relatively standard interview in terms of questions and such but as part of the process they asked us to pick a product from the store and sort of "sell" it as a demonstration. I recommend picking a product you are familiar with, for example, (for me) I use a lot of perfumes so I was able to talk about that better than if I had picked a candle.

Interview Questions

• Why Bath and Body Works?   Answer Question
    • What motivates/drives you?   Answer Question
    • *Do a sales demonstration/pitch of a product (ie. what you would say about the product to a customer)*   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was called a few days after to schedule an interview the following Monday. The interview was fairly informal in the back of the store. I was asked to select an item from the front to sell to the manager. The interview lasted around 30 minutes, and I was under the impression I was hired, as the manager said "Welcome to the team," showed me where employees park, and went over the dress code with me. She said I would be getting an e-mail offer that week and a manager would contact me to schedule training that Friday. Didn't get the e-mail or phone call, so I called the store Saturday and asked to speak with the manager to follow up. The girl who answered seemed a little annoyed, and after waiting on hold for several minutes, she told me the manager was too busy and would call me back, so I left a message. I was never called back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed and how did you handle it.

Describe a time when you had a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Fayetteville, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I put an application in..called a couple of weeks later and they told me then to come in the next day to interview.i interviewed with three other people and she hired us all on the spot.I was super excited and really ready to work but my experience was terrible.I never was put on a schedule,i always had to call to see when they wanted me to come in,I never received a call to come in so i eventually stopped calling to go in.I never had any training they just put me out on the sales floor and I had to rely on my previous retail experience to sale bbw products.I only rung up one customer because I wasnt trained on their cash register.They were really unprofessionally and incredibly disorganized.I felt like bath and bodywork's is a great company but unfortunately bad management can make your experience awful.

Interview Questions

• 1.how would your last employer describe you in three words
      2.You will have to pick a product that is your favorite and first tell her why you like it then sell it to the interviewer
      3.Whats your favorite and least favorite with working in retail   1 Answer