Bath & Body Works Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Bath & Body Works

2.8

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Initial interview with the recruiter, then the DM and then a panel interview with other DM’s. Spent time in the store walking the floor, after the 2nd interview. Asked what do I see when I watch the customer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your career journey?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you were disappointed in your own performance and what you did about it?   Answer Question
  • When you look into the store, what do you see happening?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you made the customers day?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to take action on an under performer?   Answer Question
  • Tell me how you recognize performance and give me an example of the last time you recognized someone?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about your last experience in a BBW or WB. Was it what you expected?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about how you track sales or drive conversion in your current role? How do you influence it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about your last performance review and how it went?   Answer Question
  • If I were to ask your last supervisor what your successes were, what would they tell me?   Answer Question
  • Walk me through your typical week in your current role. How much time is spent on the floor?   1 Answer
  • What is your favorite BBW or WB product?   Answer Question
  • Where do you find good talent? Tell me about the last hire you had that your most proud?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about the last hire you had that you thought was going to be great and was not>? What happened?   Answer Question
  • Why Bath and Body Works?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in April 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was with HR then the DM & immediately after I spoke with a peer of the DM. All interviews were typical Store manager interviews to get history and mindset

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of Talent Aquisition and had an interview set up with the store's district manager. I interviewed with 5 people all telling me such great things and how they really liked me. I traveled for an in store interview and took the time with very short notice to speak with everyone. I was extremely excited and waiting to hear back. No response after several weeks even after sending a follow up email. I'm pretty dissapointed in the lack of respect for a candidate's time and find it distasteful to not even send a simple email saying "we went in a different direction".

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Same old situational questions with trying to get you to explain how you would react. You had several interview stages. First were the phone interviews and then the in person ones. I also had to do a panel interview in front of a group of current store managers.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Savannah, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

You will interview with team store managers the district manager and then somebody from HR. The interviews are relatively casual, with lots of situational question and leadership questions. If you have been on a team before, especially as a leader, the questions should be relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you Coached an associate and received resistance? How do you work with this associate to overcome the resistance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellflower, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Bellflower, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

They had multiple SM openings online and I applied to all the ones in my area online. Got an email from a recruiter to schedule an over the phone. About 15-20 minutes of standard questions. Then she decided to move me forward to a DM interview. DM was too far away from location so that was on the phone too. That was an hour and ten minutes. Yes, 70 minutes. She told me that I would hear from her with an answer within a couple of days. Two weeks went by and I reached to recruiter, only to tell me that she didn't have an answer and needed to reach to DM. I get an email two days later from recruiter that DM had decided to go with someone else. Shortly after I got called from an SM who wanted to interview me and went on site to her. Same questions, less time...
    But, no callback until I reached out but SM was not available, left a message but never got callback. A couple days later another SM wanted to schedule an interview and I let her know that I had interviewed three times with Recruiter, DM and SM from another location. She told she would have to reach out to them to touch base and get feedback so that I wouldn't run around interviewing. I didn't expect a call back. Obviously there's lack of communication amongst districts. I can understand. But it's an opportunity and they should try and fix it.

Interview Questions

• What's your current succession plan for your team?   Answer Question
    • What would you say is your biggest opportunity as a leader?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had terminate an employee, what was the steps you took?   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate your team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 2+ weeks. I had 5 total interviews. The first one was with a recruiter, then a face-to-face with my DM. Next I interviewed with DM peer, HR manager over the phone, than I did a face-to-face with RM & DM

Anonymous Employee in Sierra Vista, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Sierra Vista, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Internal hire so only had an In person Interview with District Leader. She then told me the process and set up the follow up interview. I Then had a follow up interview with Region Manager over the phone. Know your business and show a passion for the customer and product. two weeks later Job offer.

Interview Questions

• Know your business and have goals for upcoming year. What is your plan and how will you be successful. What steps did you take to be successful in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what I expected as Salary and was compensated accordingly.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in December 2016.

Interview

Extremely thorough and professional environment. Everyone sets you up for success. Interviewed with 4 members of the regional team for an immediate decision. Total process took a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair offer. Accepted immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Most of the reviews were highly centered on the behaviour questions, the interviewer told me straight out most the questions would be based on business acumen. They are going to want hard numbers and answers about the hard numbers for improving them.