Bath & Body Works Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bath & Body Works Supervisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Bath & Body Works

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gretna, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Gretna, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the supervisor position and got a call a few days later to schedule an interview. We decided that Wednesday, which was two days later, was a good fit for our schedules. I had the interview at the time the store opened. When I arrived I let them know I was there for an interview and the hiring manager was not there! The store opener the told me she would interview me in two hours over the phone. I awkwardly left the store and waited for the phone interview. Guess what, I did not receive a call. After an hour passed I called to see if the phone interview was still happening and I can’t even remember the excuse the store opener had for the manager. I called the next day to see what was going on and she still was not in the store. I gave up after that. That was the most unprofessional experience I’ve ever had.

Other Interview Reviews for Bath & Body Works

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (La Crosse, WI) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was called 2 days later. Had the interview the following Monday. Interview was fairly easy and conversational. Asked to do a few role play scenarios. Originally applied for supervisor but after she explained the position she mentioned she had a keyholder position and explained the difference. Coming from outside and not internal I felt the keyholder might be easier to come into and then be promoted later on. She offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that is just looking?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle an employee who continuously missed performing the demonstration.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Greensboro, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

A lot of information is left out because they are in desperate need of people so they tell you all of what they view as a positive and not the downside to anything.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite fragrance   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Pretty standard retail interview. They were normal, situational questions, based on previous retail experience. They also had me do a couple role play situations: one on how I would sell to a customer, and one on how I would handle an associate who was continuously calling out and showing up late.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an associate who was consistently late to their shifts?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works in October 2016.

Interview

Applied to the Store Manager Position initially, but didn't receive a call back. Found out that they promoted from within for that position. I respect a company that promotes existing employees. After that position was filled an ad was placed for a Supervisor position so I applied for that also. I got a call back within a week and they set up a time and day for an interview. It was relaxed and comfortable. At the end of the interview she said she had more interviews to do but that she felt really good about it. I was so excited. I got a call back within a week saying that I was selected along with another candidate for a phone interview with another store manager. She was also nice but I felt like the questions that she asked me didn't really focus on the more important qualifications for the job such as team building, motivating associates, sales and ect. I was asked more about visual merchandising, and although I have had experience in that area in my previous jobs it isn't to the degree that they have at Bath and Body Works with floor sets and such. I don't feel it is an area that should disqualify me for the job since it is something that can be learned quite easily. The interviewer was also very preoccupied with her staff as they had come back to ask her several questions while she was on the phone with me. She asked me to hold a few times which made me lose my concentration and possibly hers as well. I didn't receive a call over the weekend so I called about the job the following Monday. The manager said that the other manager went with the second candidate based on the visual merchandising questions.

Interview Questions

• The first interview was typical manager/supervisor questions. Such as Tell me about motivating your team? Tell me about how you have trained your staff?
      The second interview was like she was picking questions at random with no rhyme or reason, I was asked..
      "When have you had to move things around in your store based on a customers behavior?"
      Although this question seems pretty easy, I believe it should be started with: "From a visual merchandising standpoint....." Otherwise it could mean for safety reasons or such which is how I took her to mean the question. Plus she had a kid that tore down a candle display and broke a bunch of them in her store right before she called me so that may have been why I thought of it from that standpoint.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Valdosta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I initially did a phone interview and was asked to tell the Store Manager a little about myself. She asked me to elaborate a little more about my work experience. I was then asked to come in for my second interview. During this interview I briefly spoke with the DM and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. While I do have management experience it was primarily fast food. I feel the rate of pay is consistent with my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

Very bizarre. I was introduced to a woman who initially seemed like she forgot she had someone to interview. I followed her, and she was actually stocking product while asking me simple interview questions like “why do you want to work for us?” “what experience do you have?”

She asked me if I was applying for a key holder
    Position and I said no, supervisor. I was told that no supervisor positions were available, however they were looking to hire a key holder. I said that supervisor was what was listed, and she told me “we put supervisor on the off chance someone wanted to take the key holder position.” Seemed odd and misleading. Overall very informal, unprofessional and a waste of my time.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tsawwassen, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bath & Body Works (Tsawwassen, BC (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

It went well, store manager was very friendly, district manager was too. Only thing was to get your second interview you had to go wherever the district manager was located the day you’re available.