Battelle Senior Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Battelle Senior Research Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Battelle

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Battelle (Aberdeen, MD) in November 2007.

Interview

I have know the person doing the inteview for about 20 years. We had both been in the Army had two assignments together. So when I saw this individual I mentioned that I was not happy with my former employeer and he suggested we discuss. He invited me to lunch where we discussed what he was looking for and how he was organized. Then had formal interview with his manager in Washington D.C. the questions concerned what I was doing, why I wanted to leave my former employeeer and how I saw contributing to Battelle. Most of the questions concerned how I would go about growing business.

Interview Questions

• How have you grown business in the past?   1 Answer
  • How do you see yourself growning business in the future?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much. The salary offered was about at the bottom of my salary range so they offered me a hiring bonus which made the deal much better. I tried to get them to offer me salary in lieu of benefits but this was not allowed. So negotiations were fast and about what I expected.

Other Interview Reviews for Battelle

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Battelle (Arlington, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Referred by a colleague who worked for the company. Attended an open house to meet other staff and managers and see the layout. Was called in for an interview about a week later. Met with the two senior managers on site. The interview was informal and relaxed. Received an offer letter shortly thereafter.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Battelle (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by about 8 people over the phone. Never checked references. Then brought in for 1 day in person. I was taken to dinner, and the hiring manager didn't even introduce himself!