Battery Park City Parks Conservancy Horticulture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Horticulture

Battery Park City Parks Conservancy Horticulture Interview Questions

Interviews at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy

1 Interview Review

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy

Horticulture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Battery Park City Parks Conservancy (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Gabriela Marin (Chief Horticulturalist) and Sean Kiely (Manager of Landscapes) interviewed me. Gabriela was unbelievably rude. No greeting, no smile, no involvement in the interview. Sean, however, was very friendly although I sensed he thought I would not fit the part. I'm a woman and not a "spring chicken" therefore I may not seem strong even though I am. Still, he took me on a tour of the gardens even though I've seen them many times before. Gabriela was in tow for some reason even though she accompanied us like a bored, unfriendly, silent zombie. Honestly, in all my years of interviewing she was the most uncomfortable, rudest ever.

Take a look in the park at who works there and you will get a sense of who gets hired. You'll see. Don't waste your time if you don't "look" like them.

Plus, would you really want to work with Gabriela, a person who can't even extend common decency? Although I doubt she does ever comes out of her ivory tower in her office to actually do real work and interact with people.

Neither responded with a rejection letter either, nothing.

Interview Questions

• Who designed the gardens (Dutch garden designer Piet Oudolf)?   1 Answer