Battery Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Battery Systems

Warehouse/Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atascadero, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Battery Systems (Atascadero, CA).

Interview

There were many levels to the process. First was an online questionnaire, then a phone interview with the HR Department. An in person interview with the regional manager, then an interview with some of the staff.

It was the most I people I have ever had to talk to but overall I really enjoyed it and I was made to feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• I was impressed the company wanted to know about me instead of just the normal "what have you done in the past".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Battery Systems (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Terrible process. Highly unqualified managers carrying out interviews.

Negotiation

Horrendous.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Battery Systems (Sacramento, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Far too many steps for such a low-end sales job. Face-to-face interviews were unnecessarily drawn out. The manager made a mockery of the interview process, and completely disregarded my time - the interview started an hour late and went over by at least 90 minutes. Unforgivable.

Interview Questions

• The usual/staple cliched sales interview questions. Generally unthoughtful and demonstrating very little insight. e.g., "what do you value most in people"? This question is as predictable as any you will get in an interview. Here, there are looking for your own core values by demonstrating what it is YOU value in others. Very transparent questioning.   Answer Question

Branch Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Battery Systems.

Interview

Several phone one on ones then followed up with a meeting with management that was very laid back though detailed in nature.

I was told they were going to move forward with me, however I heard nothing from them even though I was assured I would get feedback either way. I had to prod to get feedback. Considering how I was initially treated which was good, it did not speak well of the manager nor his superior who promised feedback. If they treat candidates that way...how do they treat their customers?

Interview Questions

• If you are a capable manager the questions are not difficult. They do look for passion and desire to grow the business and the personnel.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Battery Systems (North Sacramento, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Short, laughable, superficial, waste of time. Too much talking from the Area Manager without any real conversation. The interview started an hour late, and proceeded to last over an hour longer than promised.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk in a straight line without falling asleep?   1 Answer
    • Are you a self-motivated, go-getting individual, who likes to receive zero support along with a hilarious salary?   1 Answer
    • Are you highly religious? If not, then you don't meet the Battery Systems requirements.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you felt under pressure and didn't feel you were being treated with respect?   1 Answer
    • Can you pick up a rancid an old battery weighing in excess of 150 lbs and then walk with it through ankle-deep mud while being paid less than the 17 year old unskilled moron flipping burgers in the McDonald's you just visited for lunch?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brief. Uninspiring.

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Battery Systems (Garden Grove, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

3 seperate interviews plus a phone interview with a sales specialist.

Interview Questions

• Would I throw Ethics out the window to make a sale. They want you to say yes!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer is their offer.

Battery Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Battery Systems (Windsor, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Awful hiring process - mainly because of the District Manager's terrible interpersonal skills. If he concentrated a little more on the task in hand and not discussing ANYTHING else, then a quality interview may take place.

Interview Questions

• None at all. The industry hires a workforce of essentially uneducated (meant in the most respectful way possible) individuals.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple. They don't have any experience of professional outside sales personnel.

Driver/Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Battery Systems in February 2011.

Interview

It was a VERY long process! They act as if you are applying for a government job which would have been ok if the pay wasn't so insulting. There are a lot of other jobs that pay more money for the amount of work and responsibility that is required with this company. They expect $20/hr work from you but try to pay you $13/hr to start and there really isn't much more room for anything more. You've almost hit the pay ceiling right from the start!

Interview Questions

• Just the typical kind of questions one would usually see during an interview.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Battery Systems.

Interview

Five (yes, 5) interviews for a very sub-standard sales position. The regional manager was very good at filling me with wonderful ideas about making money at the company - that will never happen at Battery Systems. The time off (more than a few days requested) here is laughable, They expect 6 to 8 months notice for a week to two weeks vacation. In my experience, this is totally unheard of. The level of nonprofessional behaviour at this company is pitiful.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question at all. Perhaps the most difficult part of the interview was being kept to wait (on two occasions) upwards of 45 minutes, solely because the district manager couldn't stop talking.   Answer Question

Lack of salary and earning potential.
    Didn't trust the regional manager that interviewed me. By that I mean, he wasn't a trustworthy person, in my opinion.