Bausch & Lomb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

met with a RM at a hotel. He was very professional---we walked through my resume and he asked me some general interview questions. There was a 2 week lag from receiving an email from HR to the time that I met with the RM. HR was backlogged so I did not get an HR phone screen.

Interview Questions

• give me an example of a direction that you received that you did not agree with. what did you do?   Answer Question

Sterile Prep Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb in May 2016.

Interview

Heard back within a few weeks for a scheduled interview. The interview was relaxed, got a tour of the plant, easygoing overall. Only lasted for a half hour. Good Interview!

Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (New Orleans, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with very detailed STAR questions amd personality. Then hiring manager phone call very different line of questioning. He even said I would be going to face to face but then was not and I closed asked questions etc!

Interview Questions

• Choose one and why did you choose your answer   1 Answer

Multiple Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Greenville, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

The guy I interviewed with looked at my resume which had 3 jobs on it with at least three years or better and stated " it looks like you've moved around quite a bit"? They were all BMW suppliers in which was through temp services that resulted in layoffs. Didn't ask any questions about my qualifications, my education or anything for that matter. Told me he'd keep my resume on file. Come to find out 8 other people I know that interviews with him said he fed them the EXACT same scenario. Passed up some really valuable people due to this.

Desktop Support, Bausch & Lomb Surgical Clearwater, FL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Clearwater, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about this job by a recruiter for Kelly Services. B&L Clearwater hires a lot of Temp employees at this location from what I have seen. It seems to me they do not want to make a full investment in people working for them. The Kelly representative informed me they were looking to fill the position ASAP. The interview process took well over a month for both phone and in person, due to them dropping the ball on more than one occasion during the process. The first time was when I was not called for the phone interview on the agreed date/time. I could not even get a reason for why this happened until 8 days later - very unprofessional. The rescheduled phone interview was over a week later with a days notice and the same thing happened, so I contacted the Kelly Rep about the situation. I was finally called about 45 min late. The manager was apologetic for the situation, but if this happened the other way around I would not even be considered for the position. We had a good conversation about the role and my qualifications to fill it. The manager told me on a Tuesday he would like to have a decision made to fill the role by the end of that week, and would like for me to come in for an interview. I was encouraged by this, but it took another week to even get me scheduled to come in to meet. It seems their intentions do not meet with their execution.

Have you ever had a 2.5 hour interview? I hadn't until here. I was to meet with 5 different people for 1/2 hour each. I went along for the ride but didn't see the point of stretching this out instead of a panel interview for a shorter duration. One supervisor in particular made me very uncomfortable. He barely looked at me when asking questions, seemed like he didn't want to be there or care what I said, and talked more than I did in the interview. It was like he was trying to talk me out of the position and impress me with his vocabulary, since English was not his first language. Ninety percent of his questions revolved around my resume, which seemed unnecessary since I had already been pre-qualified by the Recruiter and Manager during the phone process.

From what I discovered about this organization, there is TONS or red tape involved to get anything done and they are very unorganized and inefficient. There is a "Hurry up and Wait" mentality.
    In addition to the above issues, I was also thrown a couple of curveballs during the interview that I felt unnecessary and wasted a lot of peoples time. If you want to have On Call availability for a position that is fine, but put it in the JOB DESCRIPTION and don't spring it on someone during an interview. The job was also advertised as 2nd Shift - 2:45 - 11P with some flex. I understand needing to be there early or late sometimes for issues, but was told by one Supervisor, "There will be times you may be here until 3am." Not acceptable.

I can deal with the fact they they are using very outdated technology like Windows 95, Novell and others, but couldn't get past the unprofessionalism and disarray that permeates the organization on a daily basis.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Rochester, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Very good. Knew what I was walking into and felt very comfortable. There were challenging questions, but I was confident that my skills would fill their needs. They gave a full tour of application work which solidified the workflow process.

Negotiation

Good

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

There were 2 phone screens before the on site interview. The site interview had 4 one hour interviews with different people. It was behavior based and very professional. I liked everyone I met.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a quality issue?   1 Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Screened by a recruiter after applying online. Next round was a phone interview with hiring manager. Finally, an onsite interview with hiring manager and key employees who I would be working with. Also, met with HR to answer some question about my resume and some behavioral questions. On-site interview took a full day.

Interview Questions

• During HR screen, I was asked how I dealt with difficulty at each position and what I felt was the most valuable thing that I learned from each experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Bridgewater, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied to the position online and heard back from someone in HR within two weeks. First there was an initial phone screening where I was provided with more information about the position and went through my resume.
    Directly after the phone screening, I was emailed, asking to schedule a skype interview for the following week. I did not think the skype interview went very well, however I was emailed right after to set up an in person interview. They flew me to their headquarters in NJ for an in person interview, which consisted of 4 rounds with different employees. Each round had a different focus. One focused on sales experience, another explained the job benefits, one went through my resume (again) and the last asked behavioral questions.
    I felt like the interviews at the headquarters went well (compared to my previous interviews with them) but I was notified via email about a week later that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview? Describe a time you had to solve a problem? How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very in depth into my knowledge and experience. They also were very friendly and shared stories and various anecdotes throughout the interview. I would say it was one of the most comfortable interview I've ever had. Not to say they weren't serious, but laid back just enough. I received a 1.5 hour tour.

Interview Questions

• What is you biggest weakness both in skill and character?   1 Answer