Bausch & Lomb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bausch & Lomb Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.1

Interview

There was one interview in the Greenville Location. It was a very laid back one-on-one environment. They asked me basic resume questions and asked if I would be ok working some weekends. Then, they showed me around the lab and plant.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are fit for quality assurance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was over the phone and there were no negotiations.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb.

Interview

Phone screen, one person interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Rochester, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I had a panel interview with the 3 managers of the sales associate program. It was very comfortable. We discussed my past experience and what I wanted out of a job and where I wanted to go in the future. Basic interview questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given the offer along with a $5,000 moving bonus.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb.

Interview

Submitted on their job board. Was called to set up first interview with recruiter. It lasted an hour exactly and I thought it went really well. The guy was super low key and made me feel very comfortable. We mainly discussed my resume and past salaries and accomplishments. He said he thought I sounded like a great candidate and I should definitely get a call from hiring manager about a follow up interview. Within a few days, I did receive a call from a hiring manager's assistant. She filled me in among several hour-long interview slots at a nearby airport hotel. I met with manager. Interview took one hour. I thought it went extremely well. We discussed my resume and I had several questions about the position and territory so we mostly went over those. He said I should hear something within a week and a half if I will go on to next round of interviews. I got a call the next day from the recruiter saying I had not been asked to continue to next interview.

R&D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Rochester, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by email to set up a phone screen interview with someone offsite. My information was forwarded on to the hiring manager in Rochester. I was scheduled for a phone interview later that week with the hiring manager. Soon thereafter, he contacted me for an on-site interview. The interview was all day, onsite, meeting with different people and groups of people- potential coworkers, managers, supervisors, and the HR person. I was asked to prepare a 30 minute ppt presentation on something I had worked on. The first part of my day was to present this to a group of 12 people in a conference room. This part ended up taking about 1 hour. I was also asked to compose a research paper after the interview process. Overall, it took me 2 days to put together and practice my presentation, one whole day to interview and 2 days to write the paper- 5 days total. It wasnt clear how many others they interviewed at this level. The only part i didnt like about the process was that with an all day interview (and being a new mommy) there was no way for me to ask for a lactation break without disclosing that i had a young child. I hope that point did not cost me the job, but there was no way to not disclose it.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing in your life that you would have done differently?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb.

Interview

Very thorough. Online assessment. Several interviews with many managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very intense. I actually made the first offer because I wanted to work here and another company was making an offer first. Bausch and Lomb wanted me too so they accepted my offer.

Microbiology Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Rochester, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted by a representative from Kelly Services who informed me that he had 2 positions open at Bausch and Lomb as Microbiology Lab Technicians. Each position was for 1 year with the possibility of permanent employment. I went in for 2 interviews roughly 1 week later. The interview was with many different members of the various teams pertaining to microbiology/QC, generally each interview was with 1-2 team members for about 30 minutes per interview.. At times, the interviewers would approach a semi-casual tone/vibe which led me to believe they were concerned with hiring people they would get along with on a personal level.

A week or two later I was informed that I wasn't hired for either position by the Kelly Services representative. I asked if he was given a reason; When asked where I saw myself in 5 years, I mentioned the desire to get a Masters degree in Microbiology or Genetics while continuing to work (mind you, this position was for 1 year). One of the interviewers was turned off by my answer. This was also after telling me how many employees they have who are working on their masters degree currently.

Interview Questions

• I asked how the potential buyout (at the time) of B&L would affect these positions, they did not have an answer at the time.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Madison, NJ).

Interview

Referenced by employee. Very good people, great experience.

Manager, Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Madison, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

The whole process took about 10 days. One thing that I really liked about the interview process is that it completed all the 6 rounds of interview in one day. That saved me from taking days off every now and then to attend interviews.

People who interviewed me were knowledgeable and very comfortable to talk to. I was interviewed by 2 Sr. Managers, 2 Directors, 1 Exec. Director, and finally the HR.

Interview Questions

• This company works mainly on SAS. There were questions on ROI Analysis, Call Planing, and Incentive compensation   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bausch & Lomb (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Single interview. Asked basic questions about my resume. B & L is mainly a optical device company, hence the software department is very small (3 people)
    The HOD interviewed me and mentioned that he had only one seat vacant.

The interview was telephonic and went off very well. After basic project related questions, the interviewer asked a few programming concepts (mainly VB.NET)

I was very confident after the interview. However, B & L never responded and I had to call them a few weeks later to know that they had selected somebody else.

Interview Questions

• What would be the best way to traverse the surface area of a contact lens and find out a defect?   Answer Question