Baxter Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.9

Principal Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baxter (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview - the manager gave an overview of the organization and described the work. The manager sked only two or three questions. The interviewer was very calm, didn't seem intimidating. But he wasn't clear if the questions were to be answered in a definitive way. It seemed like he was mentioning a problem they are struggling with. Did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling that I was able to provide my perspective fully. was expecting to be asked a brief elevator pitch which he never did.

Interview Questions

• how to divide up requirements in to Agile sprints   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Process went very smoothly. You should be prepared to answer a lot of questions about your career and goals. The follow up by the Baxter team was superb and very professional! Had a few phone interviews with HR and the hiring manager. Came on site to meet with several individuals for 4+ hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The process went very smoothly and everything was communicated clearly

Manufacturing Tech IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Sat down with a few senior members and was asked about prior quality assessment experience - there was particular attention dedicated to detail. They were very thorough about looking through the resume. Be prepared to explain any gaps in employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to manage multiple project work-flows at once.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As this is an entrance position into leadership, I wouldn't recommend hassling management too much about raising salary. Baxter will already reward you with great benefits and a generous salary.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Process from applying to interviewing took about 3 weeks. Brought in for 4 interviews for 45 minutes with 4 managers. No one from HR.- Everyone was really nice. The questions was more behavioral. However several managers were selected to ask very technical questions related to finance like what is the NPV, IRR and how to create a score card. If you do not have a finance background and more accounting, this may be challenging to answer. The also asked questions like how well do you work with a team and what work activities you have participated in for fun.However the people were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Explain which ratio is better. NPV or IRR?   Answer Question
    • What valuable information would you display on a scorecard for a business unit?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had to work with a coworker or group of people who where not opened to working with you?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baxter (Round Lake, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I talked to a recruiter, hr, and lastly the hiring manager. Then I was provided an on site interview. It was awesome with the red carpet treatment. The interview overall was stress free and easy. The HR interview was 30 mins, Hiring Manager 30 mins, on-site was about 4.5 hours.

The issues I encountered were mangers who thought highly of themselves, raciest/biased individuals, and I could detect folks did not like the work environment. As a person seeing the organization from the outside, I did not see myself fitting into the organization and dealing with the political scene.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why you are the candidate for us?
      What do you know about Baxter? Products, services, etc?
      Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter that I had connected with via LinkedIn asking her to pass my info along to the hiring manager for the position. She agreed, and I was contacted for an initial screening interview within 2 business days. The interview was scheduled for 2 days later. After the interview, an hr rep called me after another two days to schedule a second round interview. That interview took place a week and a half later. It lasted about 2.5 hours, and I met one on one with three different managers for 45 minutes each. The interview was comprised of fairly standard behavioral questions and questions where I related previous experiences to specific requirements of the position. Later that day, I received an email that they selected another candidate who better fit the role. Then, I emailed the hiring manager to get feedback on how the interview went. She said that the team liked me, but they interviewed someone else with more directly related experience. Although I wasn't selected, the process had a quick turnaround, and everyone was very professional. They didn't wait weeks to contact me with a rejection, and the hiring manager provided feedback when I requested it.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked standard and scenario based questions to test my knowledge and skill level. The entire team was warm, welcoming, and informative. The interview lasted about 4.5 hours and lunch was provided. I received a fair and equitable offer within the next couple of weeks and accepted.

Overall this was a great experience and I highly recommend the company.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three different interviews; the first with the sales and use manager, the second with the state and local manager and the final one with the international tax manager. The whole process was really laid back and felt more of three conversations rather than interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your college experience?
      Tell me how manage your time efficiently?
      Name a time where you were challenged whether at school or work?
      Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

After a pretty quick turnaround from resume, to phone, to in-person interviews Baxter did not have the courtesy to provide feedback post-interview. No rejection letter, email, nothing. Recruiter gave two different deadlines as to when I would hear back then just stopped responding.

I believe if a company brings someone into the office for in person interviews it is their obligation to at least provide the rejection email or letter. some sort of feedback would be even better.

Interview Questions

• Why I am a good fit for the position even though the recruiter brought me in for a position I was fairly interested in. I was interviewing for four different positions. This made it difficult to answer the question.   1 Answer

Group Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted an online application for the role via the Baxter website. In about a week, I received a contact from the corporate recruiter, who considered me for the role and conducted a first-round screening interview. Following the interview, she informed me that she would share my application with the hiring manager and get back to me. After a day or two, she told me that the hiring manager was going to pass - although there was another role they did want to consider me for. In a few days time, I had a call with the hiring manager, who was rather stoic during the interview - so I did not expect to hear anything back. After another few weeks, I still had not heard anything and expected that my candidacy for the position had ended. Surprisingly, I was again contacted (via email) and asked to fly to headquarters in Chicago. Travel arrangements & expenses were handled quite well - and I was pleased to have such professionalism and convenience considered. The travel and associated organization for the travel was seamless, so hats off for that. When I arrived onsite, I was shown to a conference room where I awaited a series of four interviews with a few Directors, the head of HR and the hiring manager and Sr. VP. Pretty typical interview from a content perspective. Following the interview, I followed up by contacting the HR recruiter that I had initially worked with. Essentially, everything went radio silence - however I was not "rejected." This proceeded for about two weeks, when I (after additional follow-up) found out that I was no longer in consideration. I suspect that I was a "back-up" for their primary candidate - and they kept me hanging in case they couldn't negotiate a final offer with their top pick. Nevertheless, communication during this phase was not great. In the end, I expected to get some feedback on why the decision did not go my way -with the hopes that it could better inform future opportunities at other companies for similar roles, but unfortunately, HR only provided very "cut and paste" responses - such as "We found another candidate who was a better fit." For such a lengthy investment of time (and sacrifice of current vacation time etc), I would've have expected a more constructive closure to the process.

Interview Questions

• If you had a product that was, from a specifications/features/benefits perspective, exactly the same as competitive products that are priced at half your current price, how would you respond.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Baxter and this role?   1 Answer