Baxter Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

98 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Baxter (Round Lake, IL).

Interview

Met with the supervisor and manager. Went through my resume and answered questions such as how was my technical writing skill and such we walked over to a glass box that contained all the products that sell and stood next to it for almost a half hour and talked about the products

Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Was drawn to Baxter not only because they are one of the top medical device companies in the world, but also because of the new CEO's initiatives on telecommuting. I am located in CA and at this time unable to relocate to IL. When contacted by talent acquisition I was completely transparent about my desire to work remotely, but that we could form what an in office schedule that was beneficial for us both would look like - whether that was a regular travel schedule or intermittent as needed. My talent acquisition representative said she would contact the hiring manager to confirm if she was open to such. Once she confirmed that this would be OK a phone screen was set up with hiring manager.

My initial phone screen with the hiring manager went very well. Honestly we hit it off and it felt like I had known her for years. Initially I had applied for a couple of different positions, but after speaking with her regarding my experience she requested I come in to interview for a manager position rather than the specialist position even though I wasn't quite at the years of experience.

Travel was very smooth and Baxter handled everything! When on site I met with the team and I felt like it went very well. Everyone was great, and background and skills seemed to be a great fit for the US Device team. When I left, the hiring manager told me she would like to schedule a call with the Sr. Director and that even if the years of experience were a challenge that we could find a place for me on the team based upon my background.

Once home I sent a thank you and followed up with talent acquisition - this is when things got weird. My talent acquisition representative had moved on from Baxter, and my position was reassigned to another person. He set up a phone call to follow up. The first call he missed and then had to call me the next morning instead. When we spoke he seemed very negative about telecommuting, but said he would gain feedback from the team and get back to me on next steps over the next couple of days. Over a month passed and he had not even informed me if they decided to move forward with someone else - just dark. I wasn't too worried, as I know these things take time and the Fourth of July holiday was coming up.

After the holiday I sent him an email to follow up and he stated that they are not moving forward as they need someone local in IL. Since getting the new talent acquisition representative everything got strange from the negativity towards telecommuting, to not hearing from him even when he said he would get back to me, to the email stating they needed someone local when I was completely transparent from the beginning and it had already been confirmed that the hiring manager was open to the situation. Had the hiring manager said no telecommuting from the beginning I would not have wanted to waste their time, as I know they are very busy people. I did sent him an email stating that I found this surprising considering my transparency from the bringing, but thanking him for the information and should another opportunity allow telecommuting I would gladly look forward to speaking with them in the future. Strange thing was, I was totally blindsided and even said I would be willing to relocate potentially in the future should my role grow.

Baxter is an amazing company, and I absolutely loved the team I would be working with, but just a disappointing and bizarre outcome. Hopefully in the future there will be an opportunity for me to join their team.

Global Product Surveillance Quality Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Baxter (Round Lake, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Found out about the position through a recruiter that got in touch with me. Once the recruiter submitted my resume, I was scheduled to interview about a week later. The interview itself was a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What are two of your weaknesses?
      Describe a time that you were in an ethical situation
      What do good documentation practices and falsification mean to you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Within a week of applying, I recieved a 30 minute phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was told to come in for an in person interview with 4 senior members. The in person interview was pretty straightforward. They asked a lot of reflective questions, and they were taking notes. The in person interview lasted around a hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that your employer made a change that you find difficult to adjust to?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you witnessed a team member do something unethical, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baxter (Round Lake, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviews were long about one hour per person. I met with four different key people individually. I had to come two different times due to people traveling. They asked a lot of technical questions to gauge my experience level and then asked a lot of situational questions to gauge my personality.

Interview Questions

• Lab experience. Situational questions like name a time when your manager and you had a disagreement and how did you go about solving that disagreement?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Process was very straight forward. Had several phone interview and an on-site interview that lasted several hours. Few follow up calls with other groups I would be working and interacting with.

Interview Questions

• Questions about working with others, ability to multitask and prioritize, what you are looking for in your career, etc. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Principal Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Baxter (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview - the manager gave an overview of the organization and described the work. The manager sked only two or three questions. The interviewer was very calm, didn't seem intimidating. But he wasn't clear if the questions were to be answered in a definitive way. It seemed like he was mentioning a problem they are struggling with. Did not get a warm and fuzzy feeling that I was able to provide my perspective fully. was expecting to be asked a brief elevator pitch which he never did.

Interview Questions

• how to divide up requirements in to Agile sprints   1 Answer

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone with recruiter, 1:1 with the manager to who the position reported to, met with 4 others for interviews.- combination of individual and panel stretched over 30 days. I was very appreciative of the interest shown in me, plus the homework done in advance by the interviewers,

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

4 interviews for a position with a new group at Baxter. I wasn't asked many technical questions, more about my approach to general problem solving and operating in ambiguous environments.

Interview Questions

• What is your decision making process when limited information is available?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Tech IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Sat down with a few senior members and was asked about prior quality assessment experience - there was particular attention dedicated to detail. They were very thorough about looking through the resume. Be prepared to explain any gaps in employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to manage multiple project work-flows at once.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As this is an entrance position into leadership, I wouldn't recommend hassling management too much about raising salary. Baxter will already reward you with great benefits and a generous salary.