Baxter Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three different interviews; the first with the sales and use manager, the second with the state and local manager and the final one with the international tax manager. The whole process was really laid back and felt more of three conversations rather than interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your college experience?
      Tell me how manage your time efficiently?
      Name a time where you were challenged whether at school or work?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

After a pretty quick turnaround from resume, to phone, to in-person interviews Baxter did not have the courtesy to provide feedback post-interview. No rejection letter, email, nothing. Recruiter gave two different deadlines as to when I would hear back then just stopped responding.

I believe if a company brings someone into the office for in person interviews it is their obligation to at least provide the rejection email or letter. some sort of feedback would be even better.

Interview Questions

• Why I am a good fit for the position even though the recruiter brought me in for a position I was fairly interested in. I was interviewing for four different positions. This made it difficult to answer the question.   1 Answer

Group Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted an online application for the role via the Baxter website. In about a week, I received a contact from the corporate recruiter, who considered me for the role and conducted a first-round screening interview. Following the interview, she informed me that she would share my application with the hiring manager and get back to me. After a day or two, she told me that the hiring manager was going to pass - although there was another role they did want to consider me for. In a few days time, I had a call with the hiring manager, who was rather stoic during the interview - so I did not expect to hear anything back. After another few weeks, I still had not heard anything and expected that my candidacy for the position had ended. Surprisingly, I was again contacted (via email) and asked to fly to headquarters in Chicago. Travel arrangements & expenses were handled quite well - and I was pleased to have such professionalism and convenience considered. The travel and associated organization for the travel was seamless, so hats off for that. When I arrived onsite, I was shown to a conference room where I awaited a series of four interviews with a few Directors, the head of HR and the hiring manager and Sr. VP. Pretty typical interview from a content perspective. Following the interview, I followed up by contacting the HR recruiter that I had initially worked with. Essentially, everything went radio silence - however I was not "rejected." This proceeded for about two weeks, when I (after additional follow-up) found out that I was no longer in consideration. I suspect that I was a "back-up" for their primary candidate - and they kept me hanging in case they couldn't negotiate a final offer with their top pick. Nevertheless, communication during this phase was not great. In the end, I expected to get some feedback on why the decision did not go my way -with the hopes that it could better inform future opportunities at other companies for similar roles, but unfortunately, HR only provided very "cut and paste" responses - such as "We found another candidate who was a better fit." For such a lengthy investment of time (and sacrifice of current vacation time etc), I would've have expected a more constructive closure to the process.

Interview Questions

• If you had a product that was, from a specifications/features/benefits perspective, exactly the same as competitive products that are priced at half your current price, how would you respond.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Baxter and this role?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baxter (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR two weeks after applying online. Very straight forward process. Next step would be a phone interview with the hiring manager and then on site face to face interview with several people.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my background to see whether there is a fit with the position.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

It was long ago and it was easy. I met with two IT people and we went over my qualifications and previous experience. There was opportunity to ask questions, which were answered. HR got involved when decision to extend an offer was made.

Technical Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baxter (Evanston, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a 30 minute on campus interview, 1:1 with someone with a technical background (not HR), but not someone who I would be working with if I had been hired. The interview was pretty standard with behavioral questions, but I never heard back from them (and it's been half a year)

Technical Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baxter (Round Lake, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 people. Two of the interviews were technical interviews. The interviewers mainly asked about my resume and previous work I had done at the internship. The third interview was with the program manager and it consistory mainly of behavioral questions. The interview were all half an hour in length.

Manager I Financial Planning Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on the website and Hr reached out to me after 3 weeks. I had an initial HR phone interview that went well. She asked me all relevant questions and was able to tell me about the company and role clearly.

Second round was as phone interview with the hiring manager. This one was a bummer and got over in 15 min. I think the manager was not clear on what she was looking for. She also mentioned this was her first interview for the position. I was asked a couple of general questions like - tell me about yourself, how you deal with change/difficult client etc, I kind of knew that I will not get to the next round because the manager didn't know what to ask me after 15 min.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Baxter

Last 3 leadership roles

Challenging Situation   Answer Question

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a Phone interview with HR Recruiter and then had the phone Interview with hiring Manager and then had personal interview with 4 persons including a technical interview, hiring manager and another manager and then with the business/client analyst.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Baxter (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Talked to recruiter on the phone, they asked questions about my resume and had me walk through my experiences. The recruitee asked several questions asking me to dive deeper into some of my experiences. When it came time for me to ask questions the recruiter was unable to answer them for the most part aND seemed somewhat annoyed. The questions mostly revolved around the makeup of the team and the new leadership, etc.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, why do you want to leave your job   Answer Question