Baxter Interview Questions in Deerfield, IL | Glassdoor

3.1

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Was drawn to Baxter not only because they are one of the top medical device companies in the world, but also because of the new CEO's initiatives on telecommuting. I am located in CA and at this time unable to relocate to IL. When contacted by talent acquisition I was completely transparent about my desire to work remotely, but that we could form what an in office schedule that was beneficial for us both would look like - whether that was a regular travel schedule or intermittent as needed. My talent acquisition representative said she would contact the hiring manager to confirm if she was open to such. Once she confirmed that this would be OK a phone screen was set up with hiring manager.

My initial phone screen with the hiring manager went very well. Honestly we hit it off and it felt like I had known her for years. Initially I had applied for a couple of different positions, but after speaking with her regarding my experience she requested I come in to interview for a manager position rather than the specialist position even though I wasn't quite at the years of experience.

Travel was very smooth and Baxter handled everything! When on site I met with the team and I felt like it went very well. Everyone was great, and background and skills seemed to be a great fit for the US Device team. When I left, the hiring manager told me she would like to schedule a call with the Sr. Director and that even if the years of experience were a challenge that we could find a place for me on the team based upon my background.

Once home I sent a thank you and followed up with talent acquisition - this is when things got weird. My talent acquisition representative had moved on from Baxter, and my position was reassigned to another person. He set up a phone call to follow up. The first call he missed and then had to call me the next morning instead. When we spoke he seemed very negative about telecommuting, but said he would gain feedback from the team and get back to me on next steps over the next couple of days. Over a month passed and he had not even informed me if they decided to move forward with someone else - just dark. I wasn't too worried, as I know these things take time and the Fourth of July holiday was coming up.

After the holiday I sent him an email to follow up and he stated that they are not moving forward as they need someone local in IL. Since getting the new talent acquisition representative everything got strange from the negativity towards telecommuting, to not hearing from him even when he said he would get back to me, to the email stating they needed someone local when I was completely transparent from the beginning and it had already been confirmed that the hiring manager was open to the situation. Had the hiring manager said no telecommuting from the beginning I would not have wanted to waste their time, as I know they are very busy people. I did sent him an email stating that I found this surprising considering my transparency from the bringing, but thanking him for the information and should another opportunity allow telecommuting I would gladly look forward to speaking with them in the future. Strange thing was, I was totally blindsided and even said I would be willing to relocate potentially in the future should my role grow.

Baxter is an amazing company, and I absolutely loved the team I would be working with, but just a disappointing and bizarre outcome. Hopefully in the future there will be an opportunity for me to join their team.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Within a week of applying, I recieved a 30 minute phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was told to come in for an in person interview with 4 senior members. The in person interview was pretty straightforward. They asked a lot of reflective questions, and they were taking notes. The in person interview lasted around a hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that your employer made a change that you find difficult to adjust to?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you witnessed a team member do something unethical, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Process was very straight forward. Had several phone interview and an on-site interview that lasted several hours. Few follow up calls with other groups I would be working and interacting with.

Interview Questions

• Questions about working with others, ability to multitask and prioritize, what you are looking for in your career, etc. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone with recruiter, 1:1 with the manager to who the position reported to, met with 4 others for interviews.- combination of individual and panel stretched over 30 days. I was very appreciative of the interest shown in me, plus the homework done in advance by the interviewers,

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Tech IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Sat down with a few senior members and was asked about prior quality assessment experience - there was particular attention dedicated to detail. They were very thorough about looking through the resume. Be prepared to explain any gaps in employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to manage multiple project work-flows at once.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As this is an entrance position into leadership, I wouldn't recommend hassling management too much about raising salary. Baxter will already reward you with great benefits and a generous salary.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Process from applying to interviewing took about 3 weeks. Brought in for 4 interviews for 45 minutes with 4 managers. No one from HR.- Everyone was really nice. The questions was more behavioral. However several managers were selected to ask very technical questions related to finance like what is the NPV, IRR and how to create a score card. If you do not have a finance background and more accounting, this may be challenging to answer. The also asked questions like how well do you work with a team and what work activities you have participated in for fun.However the people were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Explain which ratio is better. NPV or IRR?   Answer Question
    • What valuable information would you display on a scorecard for a business unit?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had to work with a coworker or group of people who where not opened to working with you?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter that I had connected with via LinkedIn asking her to pass my info along to the hiring manager for the position. She agreed, and I was contacted for an initial screening interview within 2 business days. The interview was scheduled for 2 days later. After the interview, an hr rep called me after another two days to schedule a second round interview. That interview took place a week and a half later. It lasted about 2.5 hours, and I met one on one with three different managers for 45 minutes each. The interview was comprised of fairly standard behavioral questions and questions where I related previous experiences to specific requirements of the position. Later that day, I received an email that they selected another candidate who better fit the role. Then, I emailed the hiring manager to get feedback on how the interview went. She said that the team liked me, but they interviewed someone else with more directly related experience. Although I wasn't selected, the process had a quick turnaround, and everyone was very professional. They didn't wait weeks to contact me with a rejection, and the hiring manager provided feedback when I requested it.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked standard and scenario based questions to test my knowledge and skill level. The entire team was warm, welcoming, and informative. The interview lasted about 4.5 hours and lunch was provided. I received a fair and equitable offer within the next couple of weeks and accepted.

Overall this was a great experience and I highly recommend the company.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three different interviews; the first with the sales and use manager, the second with the state and local manager and the final one with the international tax manager. The whole process was really laid back and felt more of three conversations rather than interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your college experience?
      Tell me how manage your time efficiently?
      Name a time where you were challenged whether at school or work?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

After a pretty quick turnaround from resume, to phone, to in-person interviews Baxter did not have the courtesy to provide feedback post-interview. No rejection letter, email, nothing. Recruiter gave two different deadlines as to when I would hear back then just stopped responding.

I believe if a company brings someone into the office for in person interviews it is their obligation to at least provide the rejection email or letter. some sort of feedback would be even better.

Interview Questions

• Why I am a good fit for the position even though the recruiter brought me in for a position I was fairly interested in. I was interviewing for four different positions. This made it difficult to answer the question.   1 Answer