Baxter Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baxter Engineer I Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Bloomington, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview then on-site interview. Decision was made very quickly. They were well prepared and friendly. Best experience I've had at an interview. On-site interview was short but informative.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Baxter

Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very streamlined. I had an interview and an offer within a week of each other. Interview process was very friendly as they seem to value personality just as much as technical knowledge.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

i had a initial phone interview for 30 minutes and I was called for an on-site interview the next week. It was a two hour interview with the senior manager, project manager and principal engineer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the question were from the resume. Some common questions like, why do you want to work in Baxter? why do we have to hire you? How do you fit in a collaborated team? how do you handle a situation where your work is delayed because of others in your team? the questions were real time problem solving with their current project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Pre-screen phone interview followed by in person interview with hiring manager and HR manager. PHone intereview lasted 30 minutes. In person interviews are longer. Supervisor interview followed. Mostly 1:1 interactions for 30 minutes each. Very nice and personal. Mostly behavioral questions and some technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Communicated through email initially. In person interview with 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Talked about previous internship and academic experience. "Why should we choose you over others?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baxter (Hayward, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I first submitted my resume to the company through a career fair. A couple months later I received a phone call saying the company was interested in having an onsite interview. The interview took about 4 hours with a total of 4 interview sessions and 6 interviewers. Afterward, I was given a quick tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• If someone presented you a pound cake that had fallen, how would go about to determine what exactly was the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a slightly higher salary and a signing bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baxter (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Managers here at Baxter Los Angeles are not good mentors for new employees, they spend most time kissing upper management to move up. Therefore the interview process is subpar and people who interviewed feel like it is a hassle to interview rather than glad to see a new prospect.

Interview Questions

• Hard to say, most of the interviewees like to talk about themselves more than asking questions. The director can talk you to sleep, I left thinking, wow, the only question out of him was what's my name.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

The first stage of the interview was a questionnaire which included behavioral, experience based, and personal questions. A phone interview followed. Finally I was invited for an on-site interview. Most communications occurred via e-mail, excepting the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 strengths and 1 weakness.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Screening was average. Scheduling was a different matter. Request for availability resulted in 2 weeks silence. When I followed up, they said the position was filled.

After moving on with my life, 1 week later they requested for an interview. When I asked for what position (I had applied for multiple), it turned out to be the same. Never asked about the confusion, although I always wondered.

All day interview consisting panel and 1-1 interviews; panel of engineers (peers), then supervisor (1-1), and finally manager (1-1). Engineers and supervisor seemed enthusiastic. (Standard questions about background, what-would-you-do scenarios, etc.) Manager did not seem prepared for the interview and read off a "script", and seemed too busy to care about "the process". While touring, noticed a lot of young engineers - recent college grads, young adult types.

Declined offer due to negative response from negotiation attempts.

Interview Questions

No room for negotiations. Their response: "You should be glad there is an offer". Exact words.