Baxter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.8

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was first contacted by HR over the phone. Spoke briefly about my experience and later set up a time for a technical screening. 4 weeks later had on-site interview.

The interview process took awhile and I was asked many of the same questions throughout the interview process. My on-site interview was fairly casual, but I was still required to answer technical questions while discussing my experience. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable in their field. Overall, I had a very positive experience interviewing with Baxter; it seems like it would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified for this position than other applicants?   Answer Question

Manager I Financial Planning Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on the website and Hr reached out to me after 3 weeks. I had an initial HR phone interview that went well. She asked me all relevant questions and was able to tell me about the company and role clearly.

Second round was as phone interview with the hiring manager. This one was a bummer and got over in 15 min. I think the manager was not clear on what she was looking for. She also mentioned this was her first interview for the position. I was asked a couple of general questions like - tell me about yourself, how you deal with change/difficult client etc, I kind of knew that I will not get to the next round because the manager didn't know what to ask me after 15 min.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Baxter

Last 3 leadership roles

Challenging Situation
      Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter in April 2015.

Interview

Filled out lengthy 4-page questionnaire for the recruiter that took me over an hour to respond. When she set up a phone screen it was all about costs and not concerned about getting the right candidate for the job (I'm convinced that the hiring manager never even saw my resume!). Will be interesting to see if their recruiting practices change as the economy improves.

Interview Questions

• Checked salary immediately. Learned I wasn't local. Asked if I'd be willing to relocate at my cost.   1 Answer

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Deerfield, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a Phone interview with HR Recruiter and then had the phone Interview with hiring Manager and then had personal interview with 4 persons including a technical interview, hiring manager and another manager and then with the business/client analyst.

Quality Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for a position that I did not apply for, but they offered an on-site interview with no phone interview beforehand. I had a 1 on 1 interview with a scientist for about 30 minutes before we had to get going. I was driving up from San Diego to LA in the heart of traffic, so they were understanding when I was late (I had left 4 hours before the interview time and still got there late...). Good people, poor communication afterwards.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

Straight forward interview. Contacted by HR for a 15 minute interview over the phone and then asked to come in for in person interview with manufacturing superintendents and supervisors. Most questions involved if OT, weekends, and working holidays would be a problem. I asked if weekends include Sunday's and if holidays meant Christmas? The response was the company expects all of its employees to be flexible for business needs but try to accommodate employees by keeping weekends and holidays to an 8 hour work day. Yikes!

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Baxter (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process took one month from the time of my application to the time of receiving a job offer. Several rounds, starting with the HR person who evaluates your fit for the position, following the phone screen with the hiring manager, F2F interviews with the team members and additional phone interviews. I was interviewed for the Cambridge site, the future Baxalta biopharmaceutical company, and was surprised with high-quality professionalism and expertise of the interviewing team. The atmosphere is pretty casual, but you really need to understand your field.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how would you manage a process/project from scratch?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Baxter.

Interview

They put you in a room and ask you questions about you, your resume, and your qualifications. They also let you ask questions about the job and the company.

Overall they asked really dumb and easy questions (i.e. tell us about a leadership experience when you managed xyz, etc.). Should have been an indicator that I would be working with idiots.

Interview Questions

• tell us a time when you managed a conflict.

Tell us about xyz on your resume.

What do you do for fun outside of work.

Why did you choose to pursue your MBA at Kellogg?
      Answer Question

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baxter (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interviews took place with various individuals as a way to gauge weather or not to bring you in for an in person interview. Once you pass that they bring you in for a full day of one on one and group panel interviews lasting about an hour each. Quite a long day of meeting with various individuals in various leadership positions within the section you are applying. Depending on the position they may also give a guided tour of the facilities. If you look promising to them they will bring you in for a "final" interview with individuals at the top of the food chain who will then decide for themselves if you are the right fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions concerning potential work and personnel issues. Will also ask about specific problems you have encountered in the past on the job and how you dealt with them from a leadership/management perspective.   1 Answer

Quality Control Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baxter (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very comprehensive and enjoyable. Extensive oppurtunity to ask questions in regards to the position. Complimentary of the past work expereince I have. Interview was geared not only to current needs but also focused on future employment gains and outlook.